Chapter 2: PARTY and SHOTS

Tiffany had turned 16 a few months ago so she has her license. I'm turning 16 in one week! I'm going to have a huge party, even bigger than Taylor's. But the best part is that I can't wait to be able to drive without a parent. But anyway, because of this, Tiff is driving us to the party.

We arrived fashionably late of course. Tiffany parked the car right in front, I told you being popular has its perks. Then we walked inside.

The place was amazing. The stereo was booming, everybody was dancing and the decor was fabulous. It seriously was the party of the year, well you know, until mine.

Tiff and I walked around, trying to find our boyfriends who said they'd meet us here.

"Do you see them?" I screamed to Tiff over the music.

"No. Wait! Yes! Uh wait no. Never mind! Not them. Wait no yes. They're over there!"

I sighed shaking my head as she dragged me over towards them.

"Hey babe." My boyfriend Ryan said coming up to me while pecking me cheek.

"Hey! I thought you ditched us we couldn't find you." I joked.

"What? How could we ever ditch two such beautiful ladies." Tiffany's boyfriend Blake said putting his arm around Tiffany's waist.

Tiffany and I laughed.

We all went on the dance floor and started dancing and twerking and grinding to all of the latest songs. It was seriously fun and I'm pretty sure Ryan was enjoying my dancing. 

Soon a slow song came on and I automatically wrapped my arms around Ryan's neck. He place his hands on my hips and pulled me close. We swayed to the music.

He pulled me a little bit closer. Our faces were about an inch apart. I felt him begin to lean in so I did too. Just as our lips were about to connect. The song ended and Thrift Shop came on.

Tiffany loves this song so of course she just had to drag me away to dance with her. I was so mad. Not at Tiff. More at myself. Ryan and I haven't ever had one romantic moment. Sure we've had those aww couple moments when we say something sweet and the girls around us aww. But we've never had the sunset kiss or that I love you moment. 

After the song was over, we walked back over to the boys and they grabbed our hands. It was a tad bit awkward for Ryan and I but we're dating and were pretty much used to interruptions by now.

The four of us walked over to a long table at the end of the main room. The table had about 10 bottles of vodka and don't even get me started on how many shots.

I watched as Ryan and Blake each grabbed a shot and drank then with ease. You see, because Tiffany and I were originally goody-two-shoes we've never gotten into major trouble. We've gotten detention and stuff like that all the time, but breaking the law. Never crossed my mind.

Tiff and I watched nervously as Ryan and Blake had about 6 more shots each.

"Come on babe! Try one they're great!" Ryan slurred.

"I don't know Ryan. I'm not even 16 yet. I can't drink for about another 2 years." I said backing away with Tiff.

Ryan grabbed my arm and pulled me close as he whispered in my ear, "We both know that you're the most popular girl in school and we also know that you used to be totally lame. You don't want to be that loser of a girl again. Do you?"

I looked at the shots. Well everyone else is doing it. I'm not the only one underage here. I'm the most popular girl. It needs to stay that way.

I grabbed a shot and scarfed it down. It burned my throat but I grabbed another one anyway. I looked over and saw Tiff doing the same thing. I wonder what Blake said to her.

My thoughts were quickly replaced with the burning sensation in my throat. I didn't care. I need this popularity. It's all I have. I threw myself away to get it.

I finished my what? Tenth shot? I don't know I lost track. My mind was so fuzzy. Everything was so blurry. I could see Ryan passed out on the couch with Tiff and Blake. I wobbled over to them and laid down next to Ryan. I closed my eyes letting the blurs around me fade into darkness. The last thing I saw was my friendship bracelet and I knew that I have truly lost myself.