Chapter 9: Zayn, Tiff, Running... and of course Luke

Zayn held me in his arms for a few more minutes. We ignored the pounding and screaming coming from the door. I looked about at him, everything blurred with tears.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'll be fine it's just a breakup." I said trying to make myself believe that's true.

"No. It's a broken heart." He said smiling sadly.

"Wow you really understand this whole thing."

"It's not that hard. You want to talk about it?"

"No"

"It might help"

I stepped away from him and looked him right in the eye.

"No it won't. You overheard my conversation with Ryan. You just want to know my secret." I screamed the end.

"No! Brittany! Trust me I just want to make you feel better."

"I doubt that"

He started to take a step forward but I was faster. I rushed around him to the door. As I reached the door, I yelled, "I'm never telling you!" I yanked the door open. Just then all of the boys fell into a big mess. That's what they get for eavesdropping. I ran out of my room and to the elevator.

Luckily the door closed before anyone could come in. I was about to press the button for the lobby but I knew the guys would go there to look for me. I was about to press level 1 but then I realized something. What if Luke realizes that I would realize that they would go to the lobby to look for me and so they go to the first floor where I'm going? Wait. First of all, I just confused myself. And second of all, they're too stupid. I hit the button for the first floor.

When I arrived, I walked over to the end of the hallway and sat down in the corner and cried. I really hoped no one would come soon because I wanted to be alone and I probably looked really stupid.

I grabbed my phone, ignoring the messages from Luke and the numbers I don't recognize (I assume the boys' numbers) and called Tiffany.

After a few rings she picked up.

"Tiff?" I sobbed.

"Brittany? Are you okay? What happened? Which boy raped you? Was it Harry? You can never trust a boy with that much curly hair!" She rambled.

"Tiffany!" I screamed.

"What? Oh yeah! Sorry!"

"Ryan"

"He didn't"

"He did"

"Because of the thing?"

"Yes. It was because of the thing and he said that because of that thing than other things."

"But he promised to do that right?"

"Yeah of course he did"

Ok. So I know you must be really confused right now. Well basically Tiff and I are such good friends that we don't need to explain things. We just know. It's freaky.

"Ok" Tiffany said.

"But we might have a small problem."

"Joy. What? Wait. I know. Who overheard and how much did he hear?"

"Zayn and not too much. Just that we have a secret and something about a change."

"Ok! subtle!"

"Tiff?"

"Yeah?"

"Really?"

"Yup"

"Ok then"