Chapter 21: Fooling the Boys, Happy Birthdays and Stage Fright

I looked at the pills in my hand and threw them on the floor. I stomped on them and smashed them into tiny pieces. After that I opened the door and ran out to hug Tiffany. She was silently crying leaned up against the wall. I guess she had given up on me.

"Tiffany?" I whispered.

"Brittany?" She said looking up.

Tears stained her face along with streaks of mascara. Her eyes were red from crying and I'm sure here throat was sore too.

"You didn't do it?" She said barely above a whisper.

"And I never will" I said and I believed every word of it.

I pulled her into a hug and we sat there on the floor crying.

Well, we did until someone knocked the door down. Tiffany and I screamed.

"Girls! Are you okay?" I heard a voice yell. 

"Yeah" I whispered not meeting their eyes.

I noticed someone peek into the bathroom but he quickly closed the door. I didn't bother looking to see who saved me from the boys throwing me into a mental institution for being suicidal. Truthfully, I didn't care.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"Um...Tiffany and I got some mean texts from Ryan and Blake so we had a bit of a meltdown. Sorry." I said hoping the guys would believe me.

"Can I see them?" Zayn asked.

Well either I pulled off my story perfectly and everybody believes me or Zayn has his doubts and wants me to prove my story.

"Well we deleted them."

'Why?"

"Because we didn't want to be reminded of them."

"And what was with all the screaming about not doing something?"

"I told you we were having a meltdown. I was going to spread a terrible rumor about Ryan and Blake but Tiffany got me to stop."

Wow! I never knew I was this good of a liar. Wait I've been lying to everyone for over 5 years. Of course I'm a good liar.

Zayn nods his heads believing my story along with the rest of the lads.

"So can we do something for my birthday or are we just going to stay in this bus all day?" I asked slightly smiling.

"What do you want to do? The lads and I have a concert soon so we have to go but you and Tiffany can do whatever." Liam said half-smiling, probably feeling guilty about having a concert.

I looked at Tiffany's pleading eyes. I knew what she wanted to do.

"We'll come to the concert too." I said rolling my eyes.

"YES!" She screamed jumping off the bed doing a victory dance.

I sighed before tackling her to the ground. After a small cat fight, we got up laughing. But when we saw the boys faces, we laughed even harder. 

---------

'I think I'm deaf!" I yelled to Tiffany over the screams of millions of girls.

"What?" She yelled back.

"How do they do this?" I yelled.

"What?"

"I can't hear anything!"

"What?"

I turned my attention back to the boys on stage. All of a sudden I see the 5SOS lads running on right as a song finished.

"You girls know these guys right?" I heard Zayn say to the crowd.

The girls screamed even louder...if that's possible.

"We have a special shoutout." Michael said into Niall's mic.

"Everybody say a Happy Sweet Sixteen to Brittany Hemmings!" Louis screamed.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I didn't have any time to process what was happening because the next thing I knew Harry was dragging me onto the stage.

What?

"Ready? One...two...three." Zayn started.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY!!!!!!!" the screams chorused.

I was in shock. What's happening?

Harry put his mic in my hands and I just looked at it. Everybody started laughing.

"Well it seems somebody's in shock." Calum joked.

"Come on Britt say thank you" Harry whispered into my ear.

I held the mic up to my mouth.

"Um...th-thank you everyone! Thanks for supporting the 1D and 5SOS lads." I said shakily.

I felt tears coming to my eyes.

"You okay Brittany?" Niall whispered with concern in my ear.

I nodded my head quickly and blinked the tears away. I handed the mic back to Harry, waved at the crowd and walked back to backstage. As soon as I got there, Tiffany engulfed me in a hug.

"OMG! I didn't know that they were going to do that! I'm SO sorry Britt! I should have mentioned your stage fright to them." Tiffany babbled.

"It's okay Tiff. It was only the stage fright."

"What?"

"There were other things said besides Happy Birthdays."

"They didn't"

I just nodded my head and continued to silently cry in her arms.