Chapter 22: Anonymous

Over 250 reads! YAY! :)

Anonymous POV

"Tiff. I understand more than you think. I saw it too." I heard Brittany mumbled the last part hoping that Tiffany would hear but not us.

Tiffany slowly opened the door a crack and Brittany slipped in. As she entered, I began to realize what she meant. Anger and shock flooded my face. What did she see?

Brittany closed the door and locked it.

"I saw them too Tiffany!" Brittany screamed. "I saw them and they're right. All of them. We've broken the law, disobeyed our parents, we've been rude to our classmates and worst of all we lied. We lied to everybody! I can't take this secret anymore!"

There's that secret again. It's really getting to her. I think it's time for me to confront her about it.

"Brittany. I can practically read your mind. I know what you're thinking. Stop thinking it. Stop!" Tiffany began to scream too.

What's she thinking? Cutting? No. I doubt that. She wouldn't do that because she'd probably think she wasn't perfect if she had marks. What else? Wait. Suicide? My eyes widened. No!

I heard banging on another door.

"Brittany! Don't do it! Please!" Tiffany screamed.

I was right! Brittany's trying to commit suicide. Why isn't Tiffany letting us in to help.

"Please don't leave me! I need you! I can't continue without you! You're my best friend! But don't just think about me. There's someone else out there who loves you more than you could ever imagine. He would kill himself if you died. Please! Don't do it just for me but for him."

WHAT? Why is Tiffany telling her this? I told her to keep it a secret! At least she's not saying my name...for now.

That's it! I pushed the lads out of the way and took a running start at the door, knocking it down. The girls screamed and my shoulder was killing me but I didn't care.

"Girls! Are you okay?"

"Yeah" Brittany whispered not meeting our eyes.

I peeked into the bathroom door. Pills. Pills were scattered all over the floor, smashed, broken, crumbled. I smiled to myself as I closed the door, saving Brittany from further questions. I always knew she was strong.

"What happened?"

"Um...Tiffany and I got some mean texts from Ryan and Blake so we had a bit of a meltdown. Sorry." Brittany said hoping we would believe her.

Yeah right. But I will admit, she's a good actress.

"Can I see them?" Zayn asked.

Smart boy. Maybe I'll tell him about what I know about Brittany and Tiffany.

"Well we deleted them." Brittany said.

'Why?"

"Because we didn't want to be reminded of them."

"And what was with all the screaming about not doing something?"

"I told you we were having a meltdown. I was going to spread a terrible rumor about Ryan and Blake but Tiffany got me to stop."

Nice! I could tell that she's almost convinced Zayn while she practically has the other lads wrapped around her finger.

Zayn nodded his head.

"So can we do something for my birthday or are we just going to stay in this bus all day?" Brittany asked slightly smiling.

"What do you want to do? The lads and I have a concert soon so we have to go but you and Tiffany can do whatever."

"We'll come to the concert too." Brittany said rolling her eyes.

"YES!" Tiffany screamed jumping off the bed doing a victory dance.

Then Brittany tackled Tiffany to the ground as the got in a cat fight. They started laughing and got up. I will NEVER understand girls.

---------

We had just finished singing Rock Me. I love this song! Then the 5SOS boys came on stage just as we planned.

"You girls know these guys right?" Zayn said to the crowd as the 5SOS boys waved.

The girls screamed even louder. I can't believe I can stand this screaming.

"We have a special shoutout." Calum said into Niall's mic.

"Everybody say a Happy Sweet Sixteen to Brittany Hemmings!"

I looked over at Brittany being dragged onto the stage by Harry. He took her hand. I think I died a little. Oh how I wish that was me. Did I just quote a song? I really need a break.

Wait a second. She looks terrified. Does she have stage fright? I looked over at Luke. He was smirking! What?!?! He knew about this and he still let us go along with this! I was boiling but I quickly masked it.

"Ready? One...two...three." Zayn said.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY!!!!!!!" the screams chorused.

Harry put his mic in her hands and she just looked at it. Everybody started laughing.

Poor Brittany.

"Well it seems somebody's in shock." Niall joked.

Harry whispered something in her ear. Jealousy was beginning to take me over, but luckily I contained it.

"Um...th-thank you everyone! Thanks for supporting the 1D and 5SOS lads." She said shakily.

I could see tears coming to her eyes.

"You okay Brittany?" Niall asked.

She nodded her head quickly and blinked the tears away. Then she handed the mic back to Harry, waved at the crowd and walked back to backstage. I saw Tiffany engulf her in a huge hug.

They started talking but I couldn't hear with all of the screaming. Brittany was sobbing. And that's all it took for me to kill Luke Hemmings.