Chapter 43: Running Louis and Falling Brittany

Louis' POV

This is so easy. These guys are terrible at FIFA.

I scored a goal on Harry and Niall. Again.

"Louis! You're cheating!" Niall cried.

"No I'm not!" I said.

"Yeah you are!" Harry whined.

I was about to reply but Liam suddenly bursted into the room out of breath.

"Whoa! Calm down there Li!" I said patting him on the back.

He looked at me with blood shot eyes. He'd been crying.

"Liam what's wrong?" I said suddenly becoming worried.

"Br-Brittany." he stuttered.

I tensed.

"What about Brittany?" I said icily.

"Well she found out that I had cheated on Tiffany-" Liam began.

"YOU WHAT!!!" just about every person in the room screamed.

"Not the point." Liam continued. "After that she had me tell Tiffany and we both found out that Tiffany...uh..."

He looked at Luke for a second.

"Tiffany did something. But when Brittany found out, she slapped Tiffany and ran off. We need to go find her."

I didn't wait to hear the rest or come up with a plan. I raced out of their as fast as I could. I could feel people running behind me but I didn't care. I kept running but was suddenly turned around.

"Let me go Harry! I have to go after her!" I growled, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Lou it's going to be okay. Brittany will be just fine. Let's get a plan together and then go look for her." Harry stated calmly.

"You guys don't get it. Whatever Tiffany did, she kept it from Brittany. Tiffany's just lost all of her trust. And that trust is what's been keeping her here. We need to find her before she does something stupid." I exclaimed.

"And by stupid. Do you mean...?" Harry trailed off.

"Yes! I mean suicide. Now let me go!" I screamed trying to get out of his grasp once again.

"I don't believe that she'd do that." Zayn said.

"Same" Perrie agreed.

"No he's right." a voice said.

I turned to see Tiffany standing there with tears in her eyes.

"Tiff-" Liam started.

"No time to talk. Louis' right. We need to go now. Me, Louis and Luke will go that way. You guys divide and conquer. Now lets go." she said pulling me from Harry.

We started running in a random direction. I think we were headed for the Lincoln Memorial.

"Where are me going?"Luke asked.

"I'm not entirely sure." Tiffany mumbled.

I was about to say some sassy comment about not knowing where she's going but her phone buzzed.

I looked over her shoulder at it. It was a picture of white flowers and a message.

Blocked Number

Losing someone you love hurts, especially when it's your fault.

Kisses

A

What does that mean? And who's A?

"Tiffany?" I asked reading the message again. "Who's A? Tiffany? What dos she mean 'lose someone'? Does this mean Brittany's...dead?"

I looked at Tiffany. She was staring straight ahead in shock.

"Hello?" Luke said waving his hand in from of her face. "Tiffany? Babe?"

He looked in the direction she was looking and got the same face.

I looked too.

That's when I saw her, a pretty good distance away from us, standing on the edge of Memorial Bridge.

"BRITTANY!" I screamed running toward her. 

But I was too late, she couldn't hear me. And then I watched the love of my life jump to her death.

Brittany's POV

I walked along Memorial Bridge and looked down at the crashing waves. There it is. My way out of this world. I felt a tear leave my face and fall into the water below. Well, it's now or never.

I swung my legs over the railing and stood on the edge. I looked down at the water again, closed my eyes and jumped off.

I could feel the air rushing around me as I fell. This was it. My last few moments of life. My last few moments of the cruel messed up world we live in. And I regret nothing.

The water hit me sooner than I expected. I guess it wasn't as far of a drop than I thought.  

It hit my feet first, feeling like I just jumped off the empire state building and landed on concrete. Ok. That was painful. 

After that, I just let go. I held my breath even though it didn't matter. My lungs were begging for air but I wouldn't allow it. I felt very light headed. I'm sure I would have seen spots if my eyes were open. It felt like the world was closing in on me. The water was wrapping around me, pulling me down to the bottom of the river.

The water was freezing. I was freezing. My lungs were bursting. It was the worst feeling ever and yet I strangely felt at peace. I felt happy. I felt like I've finally made it beyond my terrible messed up life. It's all over.

The last thing I remember before the numbness of the freezing water consumed me was feeling my body being lifted to the sky.