Chapter 8: Ryan

I grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Brittany, put it on speaker. I think we all deserve to hear this."

"Ugh fine!"

"Hey babe!" I said ignoring all of the eyes I could feel burning into my skin.

"Hey!" Ryan said not sounding to happy.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Where are you!?!"

"Um well funny story. Remember Taylor's party and what you said to me and what we did."

"Oh you mean the-"

"Yes yes that's what I mean." I said hoping that the boys wouldn't hear what happened.

"Well my parents flipped so they sent me to go on tour with my brother."

"Where are you right now?" He breathed. He was mad.

"Um...Florida"

"FLORIDA!"

"That's what I said."

"You never even said good-bye! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought it was easier this way."

"Easier? Are you mad? How can you expect me to trust you if you just disappear? How can you expect me to trust you with 9 other guys or the other thousands of guys you're going to meet?"

"No! Ryan I know where you're going with this! You can trust me! You know about my-"

I looked up at the 9 faces staring at me. Mixed expressions. I couldn't let them hear about what happened. I couldn't let them hear about my change.

I felt tears begin to prick my eyes just thinking about it.

I rushed out of the room not looking back, not listening to the screams of my names. As I ran down the hall I kept talking to Ryan.

"You know about my change. You know everything about me and I know everything about you. We're perfect for each other. I trust you. Why else would I tell you about my past? If I trust you you can trust me right?"

By now I reached my room, I fumbled around for my key. I heard footsteps behind me. I'm not in the mood! I got my key and shoved it in the lock. I threw the door open and almost closed it but someone's foot stopped it. Zayn.

Ugh! I opened the door to let him in. Then closed it quickly. He was about to talk but I put my finger up to stop him. I pointed to the phone. Ryan was still there.

"Is everything ok over there?" He asked. He must have heard the shuffle.

"Everything's fine. Continue."

"Ok well I know that you trust me and I know that you told me about your change. But I just can't trust you right now."

"Ryan please."

"No! It's for the best. We're done."

"Just promise me that you'll keep mine and Tiffany's secret." I said holding back my sobs.

"Of course."

"Bye"

"Bye"

I hung up. Then I shut my eyes tight to hold back the tears. Suddenly I felt two arms hold me close. Oh yeah. Zayn.