Chapter 52: Irresistible Voice

Charlotte's POV

"Hey guys. Where's Brittany?" I asked.

They all looked at each other. Okay. I'm missing something here
.

"Um well she's um in um well you see-" Hayley stuttered giving a look to Liam pleading for help.

"Is she...dead?" I asked horrified.

They all looked at each other again, this time with tears in their eyes.

No. She can't be dead. She can't be. We saved her once. We can save her again.

They're not answering me. I need to know now.

"Answer me!" I said loudly.

"We don't know." Perrie said smiling sadly. I saw tears build up in her eyes and Zayn quickly pulled her into a hug.

"How do you not know?" I asked annoyed.

"She's in surgery." Audrey said as the same thing that happened with Perrie and Zayn happened to her and Niall.

"What happened?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"Um well uh you see-" Hayley stuttered again.

I would normally make a joke of her constant stuttering right now but I know that it's not the time.

"Spit it out." I snapped.

Hayley looked at Liam again, but he shrugged helplessly. I sighed annoyed.

"You speak Hemmings. She's your sister." I said nodding towards Luke who seemed pretty out of it.

"Um well after you stepped in front of the bullet and got shot, we all ran over to you kind of forgeting about Brittany." He began guiltily. "Apparently, while we were preoccupied, Alice um well she uh slit Brittany's throat then ran away." He looked down at the ground crying.

I looked at everybody in shock.

"B-b-but A-Alice? S-she can't w-win. I n-need to s-see B-Brittany now." I said beginning to cry.

"We all want to see her but not right now." Liam said smiling sadly.

"Do we know how she is?" I asked worridly.

"I can answer that." I heard a voice say.

Everybody turned around to see the doctor standing there. 

"Oh Ms. Roberts. Glad to see you're awake." He said walking over to me.

"Yeah I am but I heard you say something about Brittany."

"Oh yes." He said looking up at everybody's confused and sad faces. "Brittany Hemmings?" He asked to confirm.

"Yes sir" Louis said sadly but there was a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Well she just got out of surgery-"

He was cut off by everybody screaming questions at him.

"Is she okay?" "Is she alive?" "How badly is she hurt?" "Can I kiss her?" "Are her...parts okay?" "What the heck Harry?!" "Sorry. Just Checking." "Is she in a coma?" "Can she shop?" "Is she the same?" "Can she leave?"

"Whoa! Shut up!" I screamed causing them to shut up quickly. "Proceed."

"Thank you." The doctor said smiling at me as I rolled my eyes when he said Charlotte. "As I was saying, Brittany was just taken out of surgery. Everything went fine. She's very lucky, the knife just missed her main vains and didn't cut too deep so the amount of blood loss wasn't critical. She should be waking up soon but there's one problem..." He trailed off.

"What?" Everybody asked nervously.

"Well there's a high possibility that the surgery damaged her vocal chords meaning she might not be able to talk."