Chapter 4: The News

I sat in my room for what felt like forever. Although looking at my phone it was only about 5 minutes. Whatever. Either way I was still dreading my punishment.

What could they even do? Take away my phone? Ground me? I don't care. I kept up my rep at school. That's all that matters. Right?

"Brittany" I heard my mum call.

Well here it is. The moment of truth. This is when I find out my punishment, but something inside me keeps saying that my dad was really mad this time, that this will be the worse punishment I've ever gotten.

I slowly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. My mum gestured for me to sit and so I did. I looked at my parents. My dad was boiling. He looked beyond mad. My mum looked sad, almost like she regretted something. Ok. Now I'm terrified.

"Brittany." My mum began. "Your father and I are very disappointed with your actions."

My dad didn't even look at me. My mum put her hand on my hand.

Wow! Was it that bad? I guess I broke the law but I mean I'm usually a sorta good kid, minus the bad attitude and constant detentions and calls from teacher, but still I said sorta good.

"We feel that it's our fault." She continued.

"YOU feel that it's our fault. I feel that it's hers." My dad screamed at my mum not even acknowledging that I'm in the room.

"Either way, we've decided that maybe a change of scenery would help." My mum said trying not to acknowledge dad.

"Wait what?" I asked really confused.

"Well, we want you to get away from all of the bad influences around here so you'll be going on tour with your brother."

Wait what?

"What?!?" I screamed standing up.

"Honey it's for the best." My mum said trying to put her hand out to me again.

"Whatever!" I snapped tears forming in my eyes.

"Don't use that tone young lady." My dad said angrily. "You leave tomorrow so pack your bags and say your good-byes."

"T-tomorrow?" I stuttered.

"Honey-" My mum began.

"I don't want to hear it." I snapped rushing upstairs.

I slammed the door and jumped onto my bed and cried. I cried and cried until my eyes gave up on me.

How could they do this to me? What did I ever do to deserve this kind of torture? It's bad enought that I have to leave Ryan and Tiffany and all my friends. I even have to leave my reputation. I can't leave that. I practically threw my whole life away to achieve this persona and now it's gone in a matter of hours. But the worst thing about all this is that I have to spent months with my idiot of a brother.

I have to talk to someone...I have to talk to Tiffany. I quickly grabbed my phone and called her.

"Hello?" I heard her say.

"Tiff." I sobbed.

"Meet you at the place?" She asked always knowing what I'm going to say.

"10 minutes"