Chapter 26

4 years later...

Graduation day couldn't come any sooner, but went by too fast. I can vividly remember the day everyone threw their hats up and then the after party at someone's dorm. I remember the hung over state and where the love of my life comes in and takes care of me. Then when I got to visit my bestfriend and her four year old daughter. Her life was pretty perfect with her adoring husband and her beautiful daughter. I was still hoping for a baby one day and maybe a husband that would come along with that. I still have horrible nightmares from my past which will probably haunt me for a while, but my amazing boyfriend is always by my side.

I was brought out of thought when I heard a the front door close. I slowly stood up and walked towards my bedroom door. Before opening it i could hear the sound of keys dropping on the marble counter. I open the door with a smile which reveals my beautiful Boyfriend.

"Kyrin you're home early?" I say as I look at the clock on the wall.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Today everyone got off early because it's the super bowl tonight and work is throwing a party. Do you wanna go with me to it?" He chuckles as he scratches the back of his head.

"Of course I do" I smile and kiss the side of his lip before walking towards the fridge. "When does it start?"

"7" he replies. I take a quick glance at the clock. It's only 4, that's enough time for me.

"Okay I'm going to take a quick shower" I grab a water bottle out of the fridge and walk towards our room. We lived in a one bedroom apartment.  We didn't need any other rooms for anyone. When friends spent the night they slept in the living room. We rarely threw sleep overs though, we mostly hung out with David and Kelly at their house with their daughter Angelica.

I jump into the steaming shower and cover my head in shampoo after washing that out I do the same with conditioner. I took my time doing my usual routine. I had time to waste after all. After my long shower I dried myself off and blow dried my hair. My makeup didn't take as much time as I thought it would have, but by the time I was done it was already 6:15. I found a pink long dress to wear along with some sandals.  I walk out of the bedroom to see Kyrin dressed in a plain white t shirt and some Khakis.

"Wow when did I get so lucky?" I asked I wrap my arms around him from behind.  I could hear him muffle a chuckle before turning to face me. I watched his eyes glaze over my body before a signature smirk appeared on his face. "So I'm guessing you approve of this?" I ask he nods and kisses my cheek.

"We should get going" he grabs the keys from the counter and we walked down stairs to his car.