Chapter 36

I hung out with Kelly most of the day since Kyrin was at work. I've never known how boring my life has turned out to be. I drive home from Kelly's after a long day playing with Angelica. I'm highly excited for Lauren to come. Once I made it back to my apartment I made a batch of cookies. Kyrin still isn't home yet. I open the fridge to grab some milk, but the bottle is empty. I let out a sigh and grab my phone and call Kyrin. He doesnt pick up. I sigh and grab my car keys. I need to stop by the store and pick up some
Milk or these cookies aren't gonna be good. I leave the apartment for the Second time today for some milk. I make it to the super market in the lick of time. I quickly enter the grocery store and grab two gallons of milk. I pay for them and put them in the passenger seat of my car.

Once I make it back to the apartment Kyrins car was already out front. I pull up next to his and get out carrying the milks in both my hands while my keys are hanging from my mouth. I walk up the flight of stairs and make it to my apartment door. I put down the milks and open the door then grab them back up. I put them on the counter and notice half the cookies already eaten. I sigh and pour myself a glass of milk then put them in the fridge. I grab a cookie and eat it with my milk. Once i finish a few of he cookies I walk into the living room and notice Kyrin isn't on the couch. I walk into my room and notice him passed out on my bed. I crack a smile and walk into my bathroom. I take off my makeup and wash my face.

I slide into bed next to Kyrin and curl up in the blankets. I felt his warm presence next to me. It felt quite nice. Reminded me of the good old days.

-

I wake up with Kyrins arms wrapped around me. I almost had a panic attack. It's been a while since someone had arms around me a such and i felt strange.  His natural body scent filled my nostrils. We were closer then I thought. I snuck out of bed and walked into Lauren's room. She had drawers full of clothes. Her crib a light baby blue, since blue is Kyrin and i's favorite color and we thought it'd look nice with the light purple walls. I close my eyes as I open the blinds to the window. The light shined in brightly.

A few seconds later I felt Lauren kicking in my stomach. It actually kind of hurt. I placed my hand over top of where she was kicking.

"Oh my god" I say as the pain came in. I felt something wet slide down my legs. I look down and notice my water broke.

"Kyrin" I called as I walked out of the room and grabbed a bag I prepared for this moment. I rush into my bedroom and wake up Kyrin.

"What's wrong?"

"My water broke" Kyrin didn't say anything after that. He helped me into the car and drove off. I changed out of my wet undergarments as the contractions came in. I didn't want to be so embarrassed with a wet leg and crotch. I close my eyes and Breath in and out.  Kyrin pulled into the parking lot helped me out and into a wheel chair. He called for a nurse and I was brought into a room. Kyrin and I decided to pay extra for a room to ourselves.

-

It felt like hours as the contractions came and went. It was actually hours. I close my eyes when the doctors help set me up to deliver. The baby was coming I felt her. I felt Kyrin grab my hand I squeezed it tightly. That was a mistake that he just made. 

"Push!" The nurse said as I pushed harder and harder. I'm pretty sure I squeezed the feeling out of Kyrins hand, but he wasn't complaining. He was sweating a little. I pushed again and heard a small little cry. "The head is out. One more push" she says. I push again the hardest one and felt a relief from down below. "She's out" the nurse says while cleaning off Lauren. She lets Kyrin cut the cord and wraps her in a pink blanket. A few seconds later she hands her to me. She wasn't crying like Angelica did when Kelly gave birth. She was calm and looked around the room. Her bright blue eyes stared at me for a few seconds.

"Hi Lauren" I smile and talk to her in a soft tone. "I'm your mommy" I smile at her she just giggles a little bit.

"That is one calm child" the nurse says. I hand Lauren to Kyrin. I watch him carefully. He was staring at her in awe. He looked at her with a gentle touch. He was in love. I smiled while a tear escaped the corner of my eye. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and watched the nurse take Lauren out of the room. Kyrin turns towards me and smiles.

"You need to get some rest" he kisses my forehead and sits down in one of the chairs in the room. I sigh I do feel exhausted.