Chapter 37

We got to take Lauren home a few days later. Her room was staked with diapers from Kelly. She must've came by earlier and set them there. I smiled and rocked Lauren in her little crib. Kyrin was making dinner by now and I've been sitting by Lauren's side all day. I still couldn't believe that I gave birth to a beautiful baby Girl.

"Gemma foods done" Kyrin gently says. I turn my attention towards him. He was standing in the door way leaning against the door frame. His brown eyes staring into mine. I smile a bit breaking the eye contact and took one more glance at Lauren before heading towards the kitchen with ky. I sit down next to him and dig In. He made spaghetti. It tastes amazing he was always a great cook. I glance over at him.

"The foods a little cold" I chuckle he glances back up at me and chuckles.

"Let me warm that up" he says as he grabs both our plates.

Kyrins pov;

"The foods a little cold" she said with a chuckle. I glanced at her not wanting to tell her Why it was. She was staring at Lauren and I couldn't help, but watch. The food was done 10 minutes ago. It took my about 8 to stop staring at her and tell her it's done. I put both plates in the microwave and wait for the ding. Once it was done I put her plate in front of her again. She took a sip of her water and ate again. She was so beautiful without even trying.

We both finished eating after a few minutes. Lauren started to cry which left me to dish duty. I cleaned every dish and left them in a rack to dry. I also put the left overs in a container. I heard water running from inside Gemmas room. She must be taking a shower. I walk into her bedroom and knock on the door she opens right away.

"I'm just taking a relaxing bath would you mind watching Lauren?" She asks nicely. I nod and smile at her. She had a towel wrapped around her fragile body. She stood in the doorway for a quick second before shutting the door. She loves bathes so I already knew she will be in there for a while.

I walk into Lauren's room and find my way to her crib. She was asleep with a bottle next to her head. She looked so peaceful. I love being a father. Even though it's the first day she actually came home. So far it feels wonderful. She doesn't cry as much as I thought she would.

- a few days later

Lauren has been very cooperative. Today Gemmas mom is watching Lauren, but Gemma doesn't know that. I'm planning a 'romantic' night for her and where I ask her to be my wife. I know we haven't been dating, but I really need this woman in my life.

Gemmas pov;

Kelly has been bugging me all day to hang out. She told me to dress nice, but she didn't think I'd dress good enough so she actually came over and helped me get dressed.

"Where are we going tonight anyways?" I ask as I look down at my clothes. She has me in a nice navy blue mid thigh dress with black heels and jewelry.

"Out" she teases as she pulls me into the bathroom.

By the time we were done with my whole look it was almost 7 pm. I haven't heard Lauren all day I think Kyrin has her. Hopefully he is fine with watching her. Kelly has found a way to curl my hair perfectly and do my makeup the way I like it.

"what about you?" I ask realizing she is in sweatpants and a tank top . She had her hair up in a bun. She lets out a chuckle.

"I brought myself a dress and my hair is already curled in this bun." She says as she takes out her bun. Her hair falls down in nice waves, but they weren't exactly partying waves.
"Oh wait I forgot something!" She digs into my purse and pulls out a white tube . She opens it up revealing my red lipstick.

"Oh no" I groan as she sits me back down on the toilet.

"Cmon gemz" she says as she applies the lipstick to my lips. "Okay let's go" she grabs my hand a drags me out of the bathroom into the living room. The lights were dimmed.

"Let me check on lau-" i was stopped mid sentence to see kyrin standing all dressed up with a bouquet of roses. A smile spreads across my face. "What's going on?" I ask as Kyrin takes a few steps towards me.

"Gemma it would be my honor to take you on a wonderful date tonight" he says cheekily. I couldn't stop smiling so I just nodded my head.

"Well what are we waiting for let's go" I chuckle. I grab the roses and walk towards the kitchen, but someone grabs them from my hands

"Go sweetheart I'll take care of these" I turn to see my mom. I smile and give her a quick hug before turning towards kyrin and walking out the door with him