Chapter 4 ~ Fights and Encounters

Lucy POV

     I sat on the bench outside of my little apartment complex and sobbed. I knew it was stupid. I don't know why I thought he'd actually show up after making it obvious he didn't want to hear from me. Why didn't I just listen to my head instead of my heart? 

     "Lucy?" a male voice spoke around the corner, causing me to jump and spin around. There he stood. Pink hair, muscle and all. Though his normally flawless face was red and tear stained. Red rings surrounded his eyes and in the dim light I could see where he had used his sleeve to wipe away the tears. "What are you doing out here?" he spoke quietly and defensively, as if I was the one who had stood him up. "And why are you crying?" He truly was oblivious sometimes. 

     "I could be asking you the same thing. You finally show up..." I glanced down at my phone, "nine hours and twenty-four minutes. Just in time to see me break down." With a puff of breath I got up and began to walk towards the stairs to my apartment. 

     I could almost see his anger and animosity in the air as I walked away. "I was training but you can walk away. That's cool. I was training or rather being punished because of stuff I didn't mean to do but if you can't understand that I can't imagine you could understand what I've been through. Yeah, I was supposed to meet you at two thirty. I apologize sincerely. But for once could you stop being a drama queen and calm down enough to listen to me? I was trying to save my ass and your just trying to find out what the hell happened to me, right? That's great. That's just great. Congratulations, Sherlock! See you never." Angry footsteps filled the stale air and a door opened and slammed shut. I just huffed and made my way into my own apartment, closing the door behind me, then shrinking into a little ball in front of the door. 

     There was so much anger inside of him. So much pent up fury and rage that with the slightest wave of a finger, it came exploding out. He had always been hot headed but never to this extent and with this much intent to do actual damage. 

     I picked myself up off the floor and forced myself into the shower. I let the hot water run over me and clear the muggy thoughts clouding my brain. For a moment, just a moment, it seemed as if everything in the world had taken this moment to take a deep breath and remember why they were where they are now. I ran my fingers through my wet, gold locks and took deep breaths, trying to forget the hurtful words Natsu had screamed at me. But one sentence stuck out to me in particular. "I was trying to save my ass..." Why? Why and what were you saving yourself from? A monster? A test? His master? Igneel? Levy's story popped into my head next. Igneel would never abuse Natsu and as far as I know he didn't have a mother that he knew about. Igneel told me he found Natsu as a baby and took him under his wing because he couldn't resist the way baby Natsu looked at him. He adored Natsu with every last scale on his body. Why was Natsu crying then and saving himself? 

     I stepped out of the warm shower, dried off and put some warm pajamas on to counteract the cold air in the apartment. The warmth of my bed welcomed me as I flopped down into it and buried my face in a pillow. "Home, sweet-" 

     My lovely reunion was ruined by the buzzing of my phone on the nightstand. Groaning, I reached over and slid the button over to answer it. "Levy-chan, what do you want? I was just going to sleep and-"

     "So you are okay? Oh my goodness I'm so relieved! I got a call from Gajeel who got a call from Gray who got a call from Natsu saying that you were upset and needed help. They somehow knew me and you were fast friends and Natsu told Gray to find someone who knew me and had my number." she spoke quickly, making my head spin. 

     "I'm okay now, Levy. Really. It was just a one night cry kinda thing. I guess someone heard me crying in the apartment complex and just happened to complain to the right person",  I lied.