Chapter 8 ~ Backstory (pt.2)

Lucy POV

     Natsu looked up to check on me, making sure I wasn't crying hysterically or breaking down emotionally. I'm sure shock was plastered onto my face. "They were gonna... They were going to strip you of your magic?" My voice came out weaker than I had hoped it would.

     "It was never officially stated by the boss man but the sidekick seemed pretty sure. It wouldn't shock me. They work for a special division of the Fiore military that's basically unheard of and invisible, making them dangerous." He stopped talking, closing his eyes and going back to that time. "I remember every second of that day... I was just a kid, handcuffed and being interrogated. Never had I thought my life would've come to that...

     My mind wandered as he began explaining his story again...

     A red mark appeared on his face and a loud crack was heard. The pink haired boy winced in pain, unable to fight back with his ankles chained the metal chair and his wrists chained to the table. Bruises were beginning to form on his arms and face from where he had been punched, slapped, kicked and destroyed. But he never gave them an inch. He just stared at the short old man in anger. Growling with every breath that exhaled from his chest.

     "I'll ask you once more, Dragneel", the old man leaned over on the table and got in Natsu's face, "Why. Did. Igneel. Leave? And where did he go?"

     Natsu chuckled darkly, his eyes narrowing with intensity, "I don't know why he left but apparently somehow he got in your ass."

     The man shook in anger, "That's it you little twerp! I'm this close", he held up his fingers, showing a small gap between his thumb and index finger, "to taking you back to our base, strapping you to a wall and sucking you dry of all your stupid dragon slayer magic. Then, while you're weak, we'll tie you to a table, and dissect every inch of your stupid, ignorant, disgusting body while you scream in pain. No one will ever find you and no one will even remember you. You will cooperate. Do you understand me, Dragneel?"

     Panic coursed through Natsu's eyes for just a second before returning to their normal brave self. He focused on the threat and I could see his mind working on a plan. His onyx eyes flashed with excitement for just a second before he began shivering and "forcing" back tears. "Okay... Okay, I'm sorry... Please don't hurt me... I just wanna complete my studies and help people..."

     Byro smiled, thinking he had finally broken the dragon slayer sitting helpless in front of him. "We won't hurt you if you cooperate now. I'll give you one last chance? Why did Igneel leave and where did he go?"

     Tears began to slip down below his pink bangs and onto his lap, "I don't know... He... He just disappeared one day without a trace... I couldn't find him anywhere and no one believed I was raised by a dragon... He always told me stories though... Stories about... About how he..." Natsu looked up through his bangs, realistic tears still staining his face. He gestured Byro to come closer to him. The white haired bastard moved closer in putting his ear close to Natsu's mouth to show he was prepared for the secret that was about to come. "He would save us from... Sick, pervy bastards like you." The pink mage slammed his head onto the head of Byro and didn't hesitate to push the chair back, only to have it yank him back. He was attached to the table by his wrists.

      Adrenaline began to pump into the young dragon slayer as Byro slowly lifted his now bruised head off the table, turning to look at his assailant. He smiled, getting enjoyment from the discomfort of the young boy. "You got some nerve, Dragneel. Slamming an officer's head into a table. That's a serious offense. Not to mention living a lie with a fake name, fake identity, and someone who was not your legal guardian. You also ran from the police and actively tried to deceive the military. We could even technically say you killed your father, since we don't know what actually happened." Byro grabbed Natsu's chin, roughly and lifted it up to look at his own withering face. "I suggest you calm yourself down and don't do that again. You're already in deep kid. You're just digging yourself a deeper hole." He released Natsu and laughed.