Chapter 36

Lucy POV

"I don't want him to see me like this!" I demanded as Levy held the wheelchair at the car door.

"Sorry, Luce, doctor's orders. You really shouldn't be out yet. Its a miracle you are. So just play along. At least this way, Erza and Master won't murder you," Levy sighed, trying to force a chuckle.

"He's gonna think I'm weak," I murmured but surrendered and lifted myself into the chair.

To be fair, I did still have a fair amount of injuries. My arm was still very broken; in fact, most of my limbs were. My legs had healed enough for short, slow walks, just enough to help the general stiffness.

The car beeped behind us and I heard the soft patter of feet catch up with us.

"Remember," Lisanna started, "It'll be hard but try not to mention any cute stuff you told us after he left your room that day. It'll-"

"Only make it harder, I know. It's better to go out... Clean. I guess," my mouth said the words but my heart didn't believe them. Something was up, I just couldn't put my finger on why everyone was acting so weird.

Had he told them what I said? Or our second kiss maybe? The one that sealed the deal for me, at least.

And then there were his words in that... Place. His kind, reassuring words that were the only reason I got through some of those moments under the rocks. Him promising me I would be okay.

I could still feel it, just like he said in my hospital room. And I had a feeling they wouldn't go away for a while.

A small bump brought me out of my thoughts and warm air rushed over me.

The travel area was bustling, with people everywhere, dressed in all kinds of ways.

"Oh, Mavis, how are we ever going to find-"

"He's that way," I cut Lisanna off, pointing diagonally to the right. For just a moment, I thought I saw Levy and Lisanna exchange a glance, but they quickly kept moving.

Levy was the one pushing my chair and I could tell she was trying to go aa fast as she could.

Lisanna gasped, "There! I see Gajeel's hair!"

I strained to see above the crowd, but from my sitting position, I couldn't. Just one tuff of salmon hair. That's all I wanted.

"Oh, me too!" Levy started pushing me faster.

"This is why I wanted to walk so I could-" my heart stopped.

The crowd parted and immediately, we locked eyes as if he knew exactly where I was too.

"Natsu..." I whispered, putting my foot down on the floor, stopping the chair and got on my feet. I could vaguely hear Lisanna and Levy's protests but it didn't matter.

His smile lit up the world. I was in shock. He looked perfectly fine as if no fight had ever taken place. Pink hair was spiked in all directions and his scarf around his neck swayed as he began to run towards me.

"Luce!" He exclaimed. I started stumbling towards him, the tears flowing down my face blurring reality.

But I didn't need reality to know he was right here.

Right before my legs gave out, he caught me in his warm arms; snatching me up and pressing me into his chest. I could hear his heart beating softly as I wrapped my arms around him, tears still falling down my face and onto his scarf.

Before I had the chance to speak he whispered in my ear, "My plane will be delayed. The others don't know. Let's sneak away and find someplace to talk."