Chapter 28

Levy POV

"The heat was coming from over here, and so we should start in that area. We have until nightfall, then the police are shutting this base down," I explained, looking around our group of one-hundred mages or more. Fairy Tail had closed classes for a day to help in a last ditch search effort as well as the police and military had agreed to help us a bit as well, only if we agreed to... 

"Levy! Can you give us an explosion? Just right above the area of interest?" a mage asked.

"Of course! Solid Script, Dynamite!" I yelled, sending the word of explosives into the center of the room.

Everybody dove in, pulling out rocks, exploding rocks, sending mind waves through rocks, and destroying the rocks below. It was amazing to see everybody in one place, I just wish it could of been at the Magic Study Games, and not trying to find my best friend. 

I gave a deep sigh, but felt a tug on my hair, or rather the bow I had holding back my hair. "Oi, Shrimp, that doesn't look very practical, but it looks cooler than having it all down like this." I turned and saw the red eyes of an iron dragon slayer, looking down at his own long, unruly mane. 

I gave a breathy laugh, "I guess. Would you like me to put yours up?"

"Sure. It'll make it easier to see bunny girl with."

I raised an eyebrow as he sat in front of me, looking eager for me to  put up his untamed mess. "Bunny girl?"

"Yep, I saw a picture of her in a bunny costume a couple days ago. I think Lisanna showed me. Natsu went all bug eyed but then claimed he hated her. We see how well that worked out."

I laughed, grabbing a black ribbon out of my bag with one hand and his midnight hair in the other. "Yep. Opposites attract I guess. Natsu is so rambunctious and rowdy and Lu-chan is very quiet and intelligent. Plus they're magic is opposite. Fire is very destructive while spirits are a refined art and both are very rare."

I wrapped the ribbon around the majority of his hair, fighting to have it all in the ponytail. It was very soft, oddly enough. I could just run my fingers through it all day and never get bored. I wonder if he'd notice if I just...

"Oi, Shrimp, you okay?" he interrupted my thoughts.

I jumped, letting a little yelp out, "Yeah, I'm okay. Just, zoned out."

Silence filled the air as I worked on his long, spiky hair.

"Hey, Gajeel, aren't you a dragon slayer? When did you turn eighteen?"

"Oh, a while back. I'm actually nineteen, almost twenty. When Metallicana disappeared, I kinda did what Pyro did, but didn't get caught, meaning I was just wondering around for years. Phantom Lord found me as a teenager and you know the rest."

I blushed, "Yep. You were given an assignment to kill a student of Fairy Tail, and you chose Jet, Droy and I. Juvia was also supposed to do the same, but fell in love with Gray." I laughed at the thought of that fight.

"Yeah, then I came over here, because..."

"Because why?" I questioned, he had never told me why before.

"Phantom was a very bad school and I realized that when I saw yo- everyone and how close you were. You guys accepted me even after I tried to kill you." 

I nodded, finishing up the tie and tucking it in his thick locks. "Alright I finished. You can-"

"Thanks." he stated, walking off without looking back at me. 

A huff escaped my mouth. Well, that was odd. 

"So, you and Gajeel, huh?" a soft voice spoke from behind me.