Chapter 18 ~ Caution

Natsu POV

The world began to spin wildly. Wendy was in my arms, passed out from what I assumed was exhaustion.

But one thought wouldn't leave my mind.

Lucy was being hurt. By the people that hurt me.

A shiver ran down my spine thinking about my experience with their skillful hands. I never wanted to have to deal with that again, but it looks like I didn't have a choice.

Another buzz from my phone shook my senses into near hysteria.

I glanced around; everyone was busy fawning over the sleeping Wendy in my arms. I passed her off to Gray and walked away. My ears picked up on Gray passing her off to someone else to follow me.

"Oi, fire breath!" he got my attention.

"What the hell do ya want, ice prick?" I spat back.

Reaching my room, I turned and saw him standing in the doorway, one foot over the other, leaning on the doorway. "I wanna know what's going on. I know you know something else. You're an hot headed idiot and need someone to cool you off every once in a while. So what's up?"

A growl shook my chest, telling him to back off, but he did no such thing. He simply stood there, seemingly unfazed by my threat. It was clear he wasn't going to leave, so I just sat down on my bed and spoke in a low rumble, "I have to save Lucy. I won't lose her again. They have her. Those... Those bastards... She can't survive what they did to me. If they decide I'm not responding-" I suddenly remembered the buzz of my phone.

Wasting no time, I whipped it out of my pocket, unlocking it and revealing a text from that same blocked number. 

From: Blocked Number
We lost your little slayer. That's okay though. We still have the lovely blonde. Ryker thinks she looks mighty delicious. 

I couldn't control my emotions any longer. I was now visibly shaking in fury. Gray came and took the phone from my hand, reading the text.

"Shit. Ryker is the guy who-" Gray started.

I interrupted, "Yep. He's a monster. A psychopath. Worse than Byro or Faust. He's a perverted asshole who feeds off the pain of others. He will stop at nothing to hurt me, especially if it involves hurting other people."

I ripped the phone back from Gray and responded.

To: Blocked Number
dont you dare touch her what do you want?

I looked up; Gray's eyes were hard and unsympathetic. I knew exactly what that meant. "Don't start, popsicle. I shouldn't be responding. But he will not hesitate to rip her to shreds."

"Then go."

"But I have to- Wait, what?" Shock and relief flooded my body.

"I met him too. He's truly evil, all of them are. The only way were going to save Lucy and yourself, is if they think you've given up. I'll cover for you."

I checked my phone again.

From: Blocked Number
You know exactly what we want. Sniff her out and come alone. Ryker hates company.