Chapter 6 ~ Locked Together

Lucy's POV

     "C'mon Lu-chan! You cant do it!" Levy cheered behind me as I stood in front of my celestial spirit and friend, Loke. I panted wildly with my whip in one hand and the key of another spirit in my other fist. 

     "Hime, would you like me to punish him?" Virgo stood slightly behind me and spoke in her usual light voice. 

     I wiped blood off my chin with the back of my hand. "I'm fine. I've got this." 

     Loke shot me a concerned glance, "Don't push yourself, Lucy. We can train more later. I don't like beating up on you anyway." 

     We had been outside in a field practicing and training for a few hours now. I had Loke fighting me while I learned more hand to hand combat and tried to summon more than two spirits. So far I had Loke and Virgo out and had laid a few good hits on Loke, though I know he was going easy on me. 

     With a deep breath I ran towards Loke, jumping up and raising the whip. I brought it cracking down to the ground as Loke jumped out of the way. That didn't stop me. I ran at him again and found myself blocking a punch then cracking the whip down again. It wrapped around his arm and he grimaced. "Nice one, doll." I grinned, yanked the whip up bringing him with it and slammed it back down. He got up, not affected but smiling. "Great job, Lucy! Two spirits and you're still up and fighting. I'd say that's an accomplishment." He smiled wildly at me and I shyly smiled back. I might be standing but I did feel light headed and weak. 

     "Thanks, Loke. But you can return for now. You did great as well." I watched as he winked then disappeared into gold dust. 

     "Punish me for not returning as well, Hime?" Virgo asked behind me. 

     I ignored her comment, "You can return as well, Virgo."

     "As you wish, Hime." She too disappeared in a cloud of gold dust. 

     My legs felt wobbly and I fell to the soft grass, exhausted from the long training session. "Lu-chan! Are you okay?" the bluenette sat beside me and laid a hand on my shoulder. 

     "I'm okay, Levy-chan. Just worn out." I offered a small smile to her worried expression. Then went back to staring at the ground. 

     "Oh! I almost forgot. Your phone buzzed while you were fighting. I checked who it was but it was just a number you didn't have in your phone." Levy handed me my phone with a pink case on it with they FTA emblem on the back. I unlocked my phone and found the message:

From: unknown number

hey Lucy

     I squinted my eyes at the message, lost in thought. Who had I given my number too? Levy, Wendy, Gray, Lisanna, and a few others who sat at lunch with us... 

     "I'm gonna go grab some food", Levy said, standing and brushing the grass from her bum, "Wanna come with?" 

     "I think I'm gonna go home and collapse before school tomorrow. Have fun!" She smiled and ran off towards town. I got up as well and began the slow walk to my apartment. 

To: unknown number

Who is this?