Chapter 10 ~ Feelings with a Touch of Dinner

Natsu POV

     Sweat was dripping down my face. My hands ached and my legs burned for me to stop moving and sit down. But I couldn't, at least right now. Gildarts stood in front of me, grinning as if our thirty minute fight hadn't even phased him. In all honesty, it probably hadn't. I knew I wasn't on my best instincts ever. I felt bogged down, distracted and intrigued by the blonde girl whom had just stolen a piece of my sanity with her sweet lips. I said I'd forget about it but something about it I just couldn't seem to forget. It wasn't like this with the other girls I had kissed. It wasn't even close to this feeling of distraction or electricity, but they weren't Lucy. They were just girls I had used to distract myself. Which seems stupid now...

     But Lucy and I's kiss wasn't a big deal... I'm sure she's kissed other guys who were better than me and she probably didn't feel anything like I did. I'm just excited to have her back that's all.

     My sweet thoughts were interrupted by a right hook in my jaw. I flew back and left a dent in the concrete wall behind me. "Damn, Natsu! You're really out of it today. You definitely could've at least countered that!"

     I peeled myself off the wall and glared at him, "I guess I'm just distracted by some school shit. It's nothing big just-"

     "A particular blonde girl named Lucy?"

     I rolled my eyes, "No. I don't get distracted by girls. They aren't worth my time. And besides, Lucy is my best friend from childhood. I couldn't possibly even think of kissing her."

     "I never said anything about kissing, kid."

     My eyes widened at my loose lips. I had never been this out of it. Ever. Ever since freshmen year I wouldn't of dreamed of letting my emotions run rampid like this. Just spitting words all over the place and releasing my true actions and intentions. I might as well be turning myself in for everything I'd ever done wrong. I'm sure Faust would love that.

     "We'll take a break for now, kid. Get some rest, okay? You've been working yourself mad. Go see your girlfriend or something. Take a nap. Just don't train or do work. Foster father's orders," he grinned a crooked smile, then walked out the door of the training room before I had a chance to respond. But I listened to his orders and went to go put on some clothes that didn't show my whole chest and grab my backpack.

     Walking over to the bench, I slipped on my black t-shirt and some sweatpants over my gym shorts. A short vibration came from my backpack and I opened to see a text from Lucy.

From: Luce

Hey wanna hang out later?

     I smiled, knowing what my relaxation was going to involve my best friend.

To: Luce

sure i just got out of training so ill be right over cool?

From: Luce

What no! I haven't even gotten out of bed yet! It's a Saturday, idiot. Ugh let me get ready. Come over whenever.

To: Luce

or i could come over and help you change ;)

From: Luce

Grammar! And what's wrong with you?! -_-

To: Luce

aw cmon

From: Luce