Chapter 19 ~ Why?

Natsu POV

My feet were stuck to the floor. I could see Lucy's tears running down her scraped face as Cameron held the knife to her throat.

I felt a growl rumble my chest, "Don't... Don't you dare touch her."

He simply chuckled with darkness enveloping his voice, "What right do you have to tell me what to do? You are simply another piece in out puzzle to victory. So is she." He turned towards her face, sticking out his tongue and letting it glide from her neck to her cheek.

Lucy began to sob, "Natsu... Please help me..." My knuckles were white, my eyebrows were furrowed, my face was red. He was touching my Luce. He was defiling her perfect skin. Degrading her pride.

He looked just as furious with her little cry. His hand came up in the air, then cracked down, hitting her face with the sound of a whip hitting a horse. "You cry for me, not him."

I took a step forward, only to be stopped by Cameron's voice barking at me, "Not one more step Dragneel. If you so much as mutter under your breath, I will have her killed right under your nose." I stepped back, hanging my head down.

"What the hell do you want from me?" my voice was low and dark, menacing and warning anyone around that I was not to be messed with right now.

"Give up."

My head shot back up to meet his gaze, but as I was about to retort back another smart remark, the knife pressed further into her red-stained neck. She cried out in agony, then whimpered, helpless against this beast.

I had no choice. I couldn't fight them, the belt made sure of that. I couldn't reason with him, he was beyond reason. My pride was being sucked from my being by the second.

"Fine. I'm done."

Cameron grinned from ear to ear, evilly, almost to the point I felt he was penetrating my soul with his beastly attitude. "Good. How do you feel about being lied to?"

Before I could respond, I was dead legged, knocked to my knees, handcuffed behind my back and chained to the wall behind me.

"See the thing is, Dragneel, we need her as well. She's probably the only celestial wizard left out there, at least the only one with this many golden keys. Her power, with the proper care, could be harnessed and used just like yours. Of course that's going to take a few years and some TLC..." he smirked.

I couldn't hold back any longer, "Cameron... You... You bastard! Let her go! I did what you wanted! Do whatever you want to me, just let her go! She doesn't deserve this." I fought against the chains restraining me away from them.

"But why would I do that? Now I have both of you, chained, broken and at my mercy. I can't hurt you very much just by yourself, but I've been watching you for a while. I saw you with her," he gestured to the blonde, who was now breathing slightly more even, thanks to the release of her neck, "and I could see how much you cared for her. You would do anything for her. And now with her here..." His sentence trailed off. He reached up, grabbed a lock of her golden hair and put it to his nose, inhaling her scent deeply. A deep growl resonated in my chest. He smirked, pulled his knife to her stomach, and raked it up, not cutting her, but ripping her shirt in two.

I couldn't stand this. I began to thrash wildly. "You shit face! When I get out of this, I will rip your insignificant body to shreds piece by piece. I will burn you to a crisp! I will... I will..." My voice died when I finally watched what he was doing. Lucy was left in only her undershirt and bra, with a short skirt covering about a third of her thigh. She was crying silently, knowing what was coming. Brown orbs met my own black ones, pain and fear had replaced the joy and excitement that once housed there. She was shivering, quaking, as Cameron ran his nose up her stomach and into her breasts. The metal sheet behind her shaking body prevented her from escaping his cruel touch. All she could was cry and hope he stopped soon.