Chapter 35 ~ Suspense

Lucy POV

"Well, Ms. Heartfilia, I don't know how you managed it, but your ready for discharge. All your vitals and power levels are normal; blood count is normal; tests are normal. The only thing left are your broken bones and even those are healing quickly. Your arm, ankle, hand, and shin are the only things left that need casts. It's a medical miracle. I'll go collect your discharge papers," the young doctor stated and left the room. 

Levy squealed, "I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you've gotten better this quickly. It's only been three days since you officially woke up!"

I laughed, "I know. I'm gonna be at Natsu's departure though! When does he leave?"

"Last I checked, we had about three hours. Lisanna is going to pick us up and take us to the airport as soon as they discharge you."

"Hopefully that'll be soon. I wanna get these stupid needles out of my arm," I glared at my arm and the needles that were no longer hooked up to anything. 

Levy giggled, "It's weird seeing you in something that doesn't match."

"We've had this conversation before! Is Lisanna bringing clothes?" I sighed.

The petite girl nodded, and was about to open her mouth when the door opened again, "Alright, Ms. Hearfilia, are you ready?"

Natsu POV

I shoved another shirt in my bag, sighing painfully. Gray sighed with me, sitting on my bed watching me pack for departure. 

"Maybe I could put on a pink wig and go for you," he suggested, catching a handful of shorts I threw at him.

I shook my head, "Even if that would work, you have Juvia and school to finish."

"I'm not attached to Juvia like you are to Lucy. There's not a string attaching us. And besides, you'll need a wing man out there to control you. Let me come, man. I'll actually get to make calls back home. I can give everyone updates on how you are."

"Juvia needs you and besides... I wouldn't trust Lucy here with just Levy and and Juvia to take care of her. I need you here to run damage control if it gets too bad."

A moment of silence, "And what happens when nobody runs damage control over there?"

"I'll use it to my advantage. Use the pain for adrenaline and my dragon impulses to destroy more." 

He took a deep breath, "I still don't agree with this."

"I'm not letting anybody else suffer because I screwed up." I zipped up the small duffel bag, and threw it over my shoulder. I made my way to the door of my apartment, opening it up and stepping out into the breezy air. 

"Only one thing," I stated, glancing back at the slow poke who still hadn't left my room.

"Yeah?"

"I'm your best man at your wedding and I'm Uncle Natsu. No kids, and no weddings until I get back." I grinned.

He rolled his eyes, shutting the door behind him, "Dude, Juvia and I went on one date. Not that big a deal."

I sprinted down the stairs, still happy to have the use of my legs back. "Use protection!" I screamed and hopped in his car. 

I heard him groan and jog to the car. "I swear to Mavis, you puke in my car, you won't make it to the airport."

Laughing, I was about to respond, when he started the car and my motion sickness lurched to life. "Shit," I groaned, leaning back in the seat.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the shorter chapter!

~MelodyElaine

*I don't own FairyTail