Chapter 15 ~ A Bad Day

Lucy POV

     Shock. That's all I felt right now. Pure and utter shock. Nothing else could explain the way I felt, standing in Gildarts kitchen, touching my lips where Natsu's lips had just been. 

     What just happened?

     One second I'm threatening him and the next we're doing what we swore we'd never do again. However, his words still echoed in my mind and bounced around endlessly, torturing me with it's double and triple meanings. "Just... Trust me." How many different ways could that be interpreted? Hundreds? Thousands? It could mean he just needed space, but it could also mean he was going to do something stupid and idiotic to get himself in trouble. 

     I glanced at my surroundings and realized I had no idea how to get home from here and Natsu and Gildarts were both gone. To where, I don't know. And that scared me. Especially the pink haired part.

     A deep growl interrupted my thoughts and I whipped around to find Gildarts. "Did he leave again?" he said through gritted teeth. 

     I simply nodded and looked at the window, not sure of what would come out of my mouth if I spoke after that... Shocking moment. The brunette man just smiled at me and walked me to the door. "I assume you want to go home now that you've recovered. Let me know if anything else... Interesting happens to you or Natsu. Lord knows he won't tell me. Stubborn bastard," he grumbled the last two words, triggering a small smirk to make its way onto my mouth. Gildarts pointed down a short dirt path and spoke, "Anyway, town is that way. It's only Saturday but I think you probably need some rest."

     Waving goodbye, I set out on the path towards Magnolia. Thoughts about my new life were whizzing around my head, spilled into the thoughts about my old life with my dad, and my old old life with my mom and Natsu. A deep breath filled my lungs with sweet oxygen, but quickly exited through my mouth. 

     The walk wasn't that bad. It was chilly but it wasn't horrible today, at least considering all I had on was a shirt and pajama pants. Turns out town wasn't all that far from Gildarts' house, even though it wasn't even visible through the dense forest. 

     A scream brought me back to my senses and away from my thoughts. It was a female's scream, high and eerie, like a wolf howling at the moon. I quickly took off in the other direction, feeling my keys at my side just in case things got nasty. 

     I ran into a clearing with an ocean of tall grass. Quickly, i glanced around, hoping to find some hint of the woman who screamed. A stick broke behind me. Whipping around I found Wendy, sprinting into the clearing being chased by two soldiers. 

     "Lucy! Lucy, help me!" she called out, her voice quivering as she ran to get behind me. 

     Without thinking I pulled out a key, "Gate of the Lion, I open thee! Leo!" A brilliant flash of light appeared in front of me and a man with spiky orange hair in a suit walked out. 

     "Long time no see, sweetheart. What can I do for you?" Loke said, grinning and pulling his sunglasses down to meet my gaze. 

     I rolled my eyes, now was not the time for flirting. "Those two soldiers are after Wendy, get them please." 

     He grinned wider, popped his neck and took off towards the two soldiers who had suddenly backtracked and begun to take a few steps back. In two punches, Loke had them down for the count, laying on the ground, broken and bruised. I smiled at him and he nodded in return, winking before he disappeared in a cloud of gold. 

     I turned my attention to the young freshmen who had just ended up behind me. Kneeling down, I asked her what happened. She sniffled then started to talk through sobs, "Th-They were chasing me after I-I left the party a-and I didn't know what to do! I was just w-walking home when they attack-attacked me and... and I heard them say something about Grandine..." She collapsed into my arms.