Chapter 23 - Just In Time?

Lucy POV 

Natsu's eyes narrowed, then his head began to bang around, trying to break the chains that held him. "You sick bastard! I can't do that! I can't choose what happens to her!"

Finally, I spoke, "Natsu! It's okay. You'll be nicer than they will."

Snap. 

There was a stinging sensation on my face, and as I looked up I saw Ryker's hand still above my body, hovering with his fingers outstretched, "Did I say you could talk? No, this is between him and I."

The stinging on my face brought fear to my heart. This wasn't like yesterday. He was determined to break us this time. 

That's why Natsu wouldn't look at me. He was scared. Too scared to look at me or anyone else. He knew exactly what was coming. And now he had to choose my fate. 

Natsu POV

I hissed out a response, "I'll let you do whatever you want with me, just give her more time to recover." 

"Oh, the classic trade. A boy gives his life and everything that comes with that to save the girl. Didn't you hear me yesterday, Dragneel? One; we need both of you to complete our plan and two; she's too delicious to pass up." He licked his lips. 

Teeth grit together, I said nothing, but kept eye contact with this terrible person in front of me. 

I had to choose. If I didn't, he would start with somewhere really painful, or just get straight to the 'fun' as he called it. 

One place to start would be her arms, it's not the most painful place to start, and it's far enough away from her chest where he couldn't violate her quite yet. Another place would be her legs, maybe even her feet. That would keep him occupied for a while and give me time to think of a plan to get us out. Or give Gildarts time to get down and save both of us. 

"I'm waiting, Dragneel."

I can't do it. 

"Dragneel!"

Every time I opened my mouth to give a response, nothing came out. My whole body was telling me not to respond, I couldn't be a part of Lucy's torture like that. 

"Fine, I'll just start back where I left off yesterday." With that sentence, many things happened. 

One; I got a burst of energy, thinking of what yesterday had done to her. Thinking of her broken body as she tried to pull down what little clothing she had left. 

Two; Lucy squeaked. Not a cute squeak, but a terrified squeal of terror and despair. She knew what yesterday was, and she knew nothing was going to stop him today. 

Three; Ryker grinned. This was no normal grin. This was the grin of a thousand sins. A grin that had grown up seeing blood and wanted more. A grin that would stop at nothing to hear people screams and fulfill his own pleasures. 

Four; with that burst of energy, I began to fight the restraints. 

Ryker's grin left his face as I ripped the first chain off the wall. "Don't you ever..." 

Lucy looked up as I ripped the second one from the wall, "Threaten my Luce..."

I lifted up my shirt and began to tug on my belt, and though it sent many shocks through my body, I didn't stop until a crack was heard and it was dangling in my hand, "Ever again."