Chapter 32 - The Awakening

Natsu POV

"I want to be there when she wakes up. She deserves to see I'm okay and she has no idea what's going on," I growled, my body heating up as I felt her body get closer to me.

Gildarts sighed, "Look, kid. She can't know; not even that you love her back. The more you confess now, the worse it'll be when-"

"I realize that," I yelled, my voice echoing through the small room. The large group flinched and then returned to normal. After Lucy woke up, Levy called Gray and Juvia, along with waking Gildarts and I up. Now all of us, including Gajeel and Lisanna were sitting in my hospital room, arguing with me about my mate.

"If you lose it though, you're going to hurt both of you more. It's not a good idea for you to be there when she wakes up because you will lose it. You'll lose it wherever you are since it's been so long, but what the hell are you gonna do if that happens, Flamebrain?" Gajeel stood up from his slouched position and challenged me.

Lisanna spoke up, "Now is not the time to push him, Gajeel."

I filled my lungs with air, then released slowly; my heart rate slowed gently. "Fine. But somebody has to be in there. Somebody she knows. She's going to be in a panic. She already has been once, there's no way her body could handle it again."

"Somebody who won't tell her about mating if she asks about Natsu, which she will," Levy pointed out, twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers.

Gray stood up, "I don't have much of a connection to her, but she knows my face. I won't spill. Let me do it."

"Oh yeah, I loved to wake up to that face. You gonna strip while your at it, Ice Princess?" I rolled my eyes.

He looked up at me, "Maybe I'll just whip my d-"

Levy jumped in the middle, "Enough! There is too much testosterone and dragon in this room right now. Now, I understand we all want what's best for Lucy. Natsu, I think it's best if either Gajeel or Gray wakes her up because, Mavis knows, us girls will spill. They have the best poker faces and will just tell her your alive and well, without spilling anything else. Now chill. Gajeel can't even be interested in Lucy because he has a mate of his own regardless."

"I don't want anybody near her at all! I just..." I let out a loud groan, laying my head in my hands. Finally, after a long silence, I spoke, "Gray can be there. But please, be careful with her. This is hard enough for me to take in and I knew it was coming. She doesn't even know what's happening. The rest of you can help me stay calm, I guess."

Levy POV

I started to nod, but Gajeel took a step foward, "I will help keep you calm, and Gildarts will help keep you calm but there is no way in hell I'm letting Shr-... the girls stay in here while you freak out. It's too dangerous."

Anger began to bubble up inside me, and by the look on Juvia's and Lisanna's faces, they were thinking the same thing. "Since when did you make the decision to kick us out? It's going to take a few of us to control this fire show and just your balls alone aren't going to do any better than us," Lisanna spoke and walked up to Gajeel.

He groaned, "Fine, but if he gets out of control-"

Lisanna grinned, "We'll work harder."

Gray POV

Suddenly Natsu began to clutch his head, "She's... She's waking up. I can feel her again."

I stood and made my way to the door, my hand was on the handle when Lisanna spoke, "Room 234. Should be right down the hallway."

My head turned, looking back at the odd group we had, then I gave a small nod, making eye contact with Natsu before glancing at Juvia. The water mage gave me a gentle smile, and motioned for me to go ahead. I left the room, shutting the door quietly behind me.