Chapter 11 ~ Change of Plans

Lucy POV

     "Damn, Luce! This is amazing! And you just threw this together?" Natsu shoved another fork full of the spicy chicken casserole in his mouth and smiled. Personally, I gulped another glass of milk after taking another bite.

     Regardless, I smiled back at him, "I did! I'm glad you like it!" He shoveled down some more of the chicken, cheese and spices as my phone rang. I picked it up and read the caller ID. "Levy-chan".

     "Hey, Natsu, I'll be right back I gotta take this." He smiled and nodded, still shoving shovels of the casserole in his pie hole.

     I walked off from the table and answered the phone, "Hello?"

     A small voice answered me, "Hey, Lu-chan! It's Levy! So I was wondering, Lisanna wanted me to ask if you and Natsu wanted to come over to her place tonight. She's trying to put together this whole big party thing since her and Laxus are gone for a few nights for special doctor's appointment for the baby in another city!"

     I let out a squeal, "Oh, I'd love to, Levy-chan! Who all is going?"

     "Me, you, Gajeel, Natsu, Gray, Juvia and I think Wendy and Romeo... Maybe a few others but those are the only ones invited to spend the night."

     The heat rushed into my face, "Spend... the night? In the same room? At the same time?"

     "Yeah, it's kinda odd, isn't it? But I'm not about to turn down a party with everyone! It'll be fun, Lu-chan. Please?" Levy begged from the other end of the phone, causing me to laugh.

     "Okay! Alright, I'll come, just let me finish my dinner and ask Natsu, okay?"

     The girl squealed, "Okay! I'll tell Lisanna! Bye Lu-chan!"

     The phone cut off before I could say goodbye so I just walked back into the kitchen. "So Levy just called and-"

     "I'm in!" he interjected.

     "How did you even-"

     "Dragon senses!" he grinned his signature grin and I couldn't help but smile back.

     Suddenly, he jumped up and ran over to the door, opened it and ran out screaming, "I'm gonna go back some clothes and whatever! I'll be back in just a sec!" 

     The door slammed behind him and I was suddenly left alone in my apartment. I smiled, thinking of the memories that we had just made and walked into my own bedroom to pack.

     I pulled out a small pink duffle bag from under my bag, neatly folding some pajamas, socks, skirts and a shirt into the bag. I made my way to the bathroom, picking up my toothbrush and other toiletries and shoved them in a side compartment in the bag. Picking up the bag, I looked around my room, suddenly realizing what I had forgotten. I hooked my keys on my hip and gently lay my stuffed rabbit into the bag underneath all the clothing, blankets and pillows. I had loved this rabbit ever since mother have it to me as a child right before she passed on. 

      I shook my head, ridding myself of the memory. Throwing the bag on the couch, I sit down at the table and began eating once more, still chugging milk to level the spice out. How could Natsu eat stuff like this?

     I quickly finished the meal, did the dishes and decided to text Natsu and find out where he was.

To: Natsu

Where are you?

From: Natsu