Chapter 24

Natsu POV

I jumped up, "Stripper! We're down here!"

"Pyro?" he yelled back from the top of the stairs.

"Yeah! I've got Lucy down here too! She needs a doctor!"

"Guys! I found them! I need help though, Lucy needs a doctor!"

Footsteps pounded down the stairs and in came everybody. Fairy Tail, Sabertooth and every other guild I had ever helped/destroyed. 

Erza took one look at our small cell, and began shouting orders, "Chelia, get behind me, get ready to rush in and start healing Lucy. Gray, on my left; Gildarts, on my right. We're gonna blow the crap out of these bars on three. Natsu, make sure Lucy isn't hit."

We all nodded, and went to our respective places. I crouched over Lucy and gazed into her fading eyes. "Don't worry, your gonna be safe now."

She gave a weak nod, then closed her eyes. The explosion went off, and pieces of metal hit my back, but I didn't care. Quickly, I got out of the way so Chelia, from Lamia Scale could get to Lucy and heal her. 

Sure enough, the small girl ran in front of me and placed her hands over Lucy, a blue glow coming from them. 

My knees began to quake, but I wasn't done yet. "Natsu, help us get Lucy onto this stretcher."

It took five of us to get Lucy securely onto the stretcher, not because she was heavy, but more because we couldn't risk opening her wounds with a small slip or screw up. Gray, Sting, Rogue, and Gajeel carried the stretcher with the lovely blonde up the stairs and outside of the metal base. My legs carried me along behind them as I tried to keep contact with Lucy's face, only to get left behind. 

Even though I hadn't been physically tortured, I felt drained. Like something or someone had...

Byro.

Glancing around quickly, I determined no one was keeping watch of me so I could run off and do as I please. Another quick look gave me all the information I needed; Byro was hiding off in the bottom floors somewhere. 

And I knew exactly where. 

Against all my instincts and better judgements, I went back down the steps, past the cells and into the torture room. My pace finally slowed, my hearing increased. Sniffing the air, I smelled a rat further over and knew, my target was close. 

I tiptoed closer and closer to the open doorway that no sane prisoner dare enter, not even the stupid ones like me. Why? 

Because that's where the horrible shit goes down. 

Past the torture chamber, is the extraction chamber. The chamber they use to suck magic, life and energy from lifeforms of any kind. I could smell the death, decay and broken energy, along with the unmistakable stench of cowering skunks. 

I put one foot in the dark room, then another, gingerly taking one step forward, trying to see what lurked right in front of me in the midnight black. 

A voice suddenly came from above me, "Back for more, Dragneel?"

I growled, "Maybe. Whatcha got?"

"This."

Lisanna POV

"Gray, where's Natsu?" I screeched over the sound of battle into the midnight haired boy's ear. 

"Huh? He was right behind me. Maybe Erza found him," he shrugged me off, following the small parade of people with Lucy outside. 

"No, something's off. He's not here. Erza would've taken him out here to make sure he was okay," I pressed further.