Friendships

Adrien looked into the classroom. "Are you ready Adrien?" His mother asked. Adrien nodded happily. "I'm ready Mommy!" The teacher beckoned him in with a warm smile. Adrien decided that he liked her already. His mother smiled at him and left. "Everyone," the teacher said to the kids playing. Only one little girl looked up. "Kids!" Now all the children looked up. "This is our new friend, Adrien Agreste." The kids all waved hello. Adrien sat in a corner while all the other kids played together expect for a little girl with black hair and blue eyes. Adrien crawled over to her. "Hi," he said. "I'm Adrien." "Hi Adrien." The girl replied. "I'm Marinette Dupain. Do you want to play?" She asked, pointing to the dinosaurs Adrien had just been playing with. Adrien nodded happily. As Adrien's hand clasped around a T-Rex, a bigger hand grabbed it away. "Rexy is mine!" He roared. Adrien's green eyes started to fill with tears. "Kim, give it back to Adrien. You never play with Rexy, you always play ball with Max and Nathanaël." Marinette said, taking the T-Rex out of his hand. Kim lowered his head and walked sadly back to his group of friends. Finally, snack time came. "And we have a very special treat today. Let's all sing 'Happy Birthday' to Marinette!" They all sang happy birthday to her, Adrien's voice louder than the rest.

Marinette and her friends stared at the video of their youth, the way they all laughed and played with each other. They saw Alya approach Marinette for the first time, and the time Nino nearly set the school on fire with his first DJ set. Chloè bugging Sabrina to do her homework. During this, Adrien discreetly wrapped his arms around Marinette. "I knew I'd met you before." He whispered to his girlfriend.