School Dance

Marinette nervously pulled on her pink dress. "Relax girl." Alya said. "I can't!" Marinette moaned. "Ever since he asked me to the Sendoff Dance, I've been nervous for weeks!"

(Flashback)

"Marinette!" A voice called behind her. Marinette turned to see Adrien running towards her, panting. "You run fast." He heaved. "Sor...sorry." She said. "Anyway," he said, adjusting his white over-shirt. "I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to the Sendoff dance." "I'd love to." Marinette stuttered. "Great." Adrien smiled. "I can't wait."

(End of Flashback)

"I know, I know." Alya laughed. "Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Marinette asked. "Adrien and Nino will be here within 30 minutes." Alya nodded. "I probably should." She giggled. "Can't leave my boyfriend in the dust." Marinette giggled too. Tikki immediately flew out of Marinette's purse. "Tikki!" She hissed. "What if...?" "Don't worry!" Tikki replied cheerfully. "It'll be fine." There was a knock at the door. "Marinette, Alya! The boys are here!" Mrs. Cheng called. "Coming!" Marinette called in reply. "Alya, they're here!" Alya flew out of the bathroom, her hair half-brushed. "Don't judge." She snapped at Marinette as she flew down the stairs. Marinette walked down shyly behind her and caught a glimpse of Adrien talking to her parents. Her parents were nodding happily about something Adrien was saying and stopped when they saw Marinette. Adrien noticed and turned to face her. His blonde hair was neatly brushed back and he wore a white shirt with a blue tie and a dark gray jacket on top. Adrien walked towards her, his emerald green eyes taking in her handmade dress and flats. "You look really pretty tonight Marinette." He finally said, pulling out a flower. Offering her his arm, they walked out of the bakery and into the school next door, with Marinette trying to avoid Chloè's angry looks. Finally, she stormed over and grabbed Adrien's other arm. "Sorry, but Adrien is my date." She snapped. Adrien pulled his arm away. "I don't recall me asking you to the Sendoff dance Chloè." Adrien replied calmly. "I asked Marinette." "Um, Adrien?" Marinette asked. "Yeah?" "I'm gonna go grab some punch. Do you want some?" "Sure. Thanks." He replied, shooting her a winning smile before turning back to Chloè who frowned menacingly at Marinette. Finally, Adrien came into the school, his green eyes searching frantically for Marinette. Plagg peeked out of his blazer pocket. "Plagg!" He hissed, trying not to draw attention to himself. "What? Why haven't you made your move yet?" Plagg asked lazily, munching on a slice of Camembert. "I will, I will. I just have to find Marinette first." He spotted Alya and Nino across the courtyard. "Alya, Nino!" He called. "Hey Dude!" Nino said, giving him a high five. "Hey." Adrien replied, returning the gesture. "Have either of you seen Marinette?" Alya nodded and pointed across the courtyard where Chloè looked down at the trembling girl. Adrien rushed over and grabbed Marinette's hand. "Leave Marinette alone Chloè." He said. Chloè scoffed and turned on her heel. Just then, a slow song began to play. Adrien led Marinette onto the dance floor. "May I?" He asked.

As the dance winded down to its final half hour, Adrien and Marinette stayed in each other's arms, Marinette's head gently resting on Adrien's shoulder and Adrien's hands around her waist. As they left, Adrien stopped her. "Yeah?" Marinette asked. Adrien didn't say a word. He just pulled her in and kissed her while Plagg moaned loudly in his blazer.

Back at Marinette's house, Marinette stared at the pictures of Adrien scattered around her room. "Do you think he likes me Tikki?" Marinette sighed. "Cause I sure do."