Once Upon A Time

Once Upon a time, a beautiful princess was born a King and Queen that had longed for a girl to brighten their lives for many years. She was a bright light in a dark and forbidding world.

However, war came to the kingdom and took her parents. The kingdom believed her dead. The attacking family came to control and refused to accept tumors that the princess lived. Eventually, a treaty was signed that if the princess should return, she would have full power over the throne. The King thought that she would never come back and arranged for his son, Adrien, to take the throne.

Another family knew otherwise. As the incoming army approached the castle, the Queen took her infant daughter to a mourning woman's home. She was young and had only 1 son and just lost a daughter that was close in age to the Princess. The Queen gave her the child and instructed her not to tell the Princess of her Royal heritage until she had reached the age of 16.

Years past, and the Princess, who had been named Marinette by her adoptive mother, grew in demeanor and beauty. She was sought after by many men when she turned 13, but her mother shooed them away.

On the eve of Marinette's 16th birthday (the day before she turned 16) she fell asleep without knowing a thing about her life before. The next morning, her mother instructed her to deliver a note to the King about the Princess. Marinette delivered the note to the King, who refused to believe that she was the Princess.

Servants were brought in to see if they recognized her as the Princess and many did. Still, the King refused to return her title to her, calling the treaty he had signed as invalid. Adrien, however, considered it valid and generously offered a feminine version of his title to her, claiming that he believed her to be heiress presumptive.

The King was beyond shocked. "She has no rights as royalty." He claimed. "She is a fraud. The Princess died alongside her parents." Marinette and Adrien refused to listen to him and eventually started courting. The King rebuked the marriage when Adrien asked him for permission to marry Marinette. "You shall not marry her. You are to wed the Princess Chloè." Adrien refused and Marinette and Adrien married without his blessing. The King could not cancel his inheritance to the throne via Adrien, as it would immediately pass to Marinette. The couple formed an army to fight the King and seized claim to the throne once more.

They lived happily ever after.