Birthday

(Requested by @apsz011)

Adrien staggered down the stairs and into the dining room. There was no note that said happy birthday, no gift, nothing. Unless he got his dates wrong, today was his 16th birthday. Adrien pulled out his phone and went to the calendar. "Yup, today's my birthday." He said to himself and went on to eat his breakfast. Then his phone buzzed.

N: Happy birthday Dude! Meet me in the park at 12.

At least Nino remembered. At noon, Adrien arrived at the park and was surprised to see Nino, Alya and Marinette waiting for him even though Marinette looked uncomfortable watching Nino and Alya together. Together, they had a mini birthday party for him with freshly baked goods from Marinette's parents bakery until he had to go home.

That night, he sadly turned into Cat Noir and waited for Ladybug to show up. How could his own father miss his birthday? "Happy birthday." A soft voice said. Adrien looked up. "Thanks m'lady." He said, a small smile escaping his lips.

(I switched from 3rd to 1st person while writing this. No clue why)

"Cat, what's wrong?" Ladybug asked a few hours later. "My dad, he forgot my birthday. The only people who remembered it were my 3 friends." I avoid meeting Ladybug's blue eyes. When I do, she's biting her lip. "Well, did they remember to get you a present?" Ladybug asks, pulling out a small box wrapped in black paper with a green bow. "My ladybug, thank you!" I cry. "No problem Cat." She replies as she swings away. I return to my house and open the gift.

"Adrien! Adrien!" Nino yells. I sit up. "What? What happened?" "You slept through science." Alya replies, handing me my bag. "Madame didn't say anything because she didn't want to get in trouble." "Here's your homework." Marinette says shyly, handing me my homework. "Thanks Marinette." I say. "Happy birthday." She adds as she walks towards her parents bakery.