Who Me? Pt. 2

Marinette sighed as she pulled out a fresh roll of Danishes. Rumor came round that Prince Adrien was marrying Princess Rose. She could tell that Adrien was in a rush to wed a girl that his father would approve of that was not Chloe Bourgeois, the daughter of the Duke of Palais. While she had a long-standing crush on the young prince, she was still the  young widow of Kim Daughterty, one of the villages guards. He was a year in her senior, but they cared about each other greatly. They had a single son, Gabriel, as the king ordered that all the firstborn sons had to be named Gabriel. Meanwhile, close friends of her husband tried to woo her. Her parents agreed with them that she needed someone to support her and that her husband's financial support would not last her forever. So, they were marrying her off to her husband's cousin, Max, who was several years in her senior.

Meanwhile, Adrien was preparing to wed Rose. His father was visiting Milan for a few months, giving them plenty of time to wed. Rose was madly in love with him and him with her. They were quickly wed, and Rose was expecting a few short weeks later. The entire kingdom, including Marinette, who was also expecting, and her new husband, prayed for a prince. Their prayers were not answered. Instead, another princess was born while Marinette gave birth to twin sons. Gabriel was shocked that Adrien had not married Chloe, but approved greatly of Rose. Rose and Adrien remained happily wed for 5 more years, but the kingdom lacked a heir. Meanwhile, Marinette struggled to take care of a home filled with so many boys, which consisted of her husband, Gabriel and 6 other sons. One night, Max announced that he was going to join the army. Marinette had to support his decision, despite that she knew he would die. However, a week into her second mourning period, she saw him alive with another woman. She made no move to demand his lies. Adrien had a rougher road. Rose's last pregnancy was her hardest and the kingdom hoped for a prince. Sadly, after the birth of her son, who was, sadly, a stillborn, she too joined him above.

Adrien mourned her and for a time considered his fathers suggestion that he marry Chloe. But then, he saw a beautiful peasant and slowly got to know her. She, like him, had been married twice before, one marriage ending by death, the other by divorce. He was in love with her. Adrien took a deep breath. "Father?" He asked. "Yes Adrien?" His father replied. "I have decided on whom I wish to wed." Gabriel raised an eyebrow. "And who is the young lady you wish to wed?" "Marinette Daughterty, the village bakers daughter. She is familiar with the village and has the strongest ties to the kingdom. Within her two marriages, she has produced 7 sons." Adrien explained. Gabriel nodded, impressed. "Well, make her your queen."

Adrien and Marinette were wed in a joyous ceremony and it wasn't long before Marinette was pregnant. Much to the kingdoms delight, she produced twin boys. Shortly after their birth, King Gabriel died peacefully in his sleep and his son was crowned king and Marinette, queen.

And they lived Happily Ever After