First chapter

HI EVERYONE! THANK YOU SMUCH FOR CHOOSING TO READ THE SEQUEL :) PLEASE DO COMMENT YOUR OPINION!
I PUT A VOTEGOAL, JUST TO KNOW IF I HAVE TO CONTINUE OR NAH. PLEASE?????

12votes=NEXT CHAPTER

*1*
Evelyn's POV

My mind was so hazy.
I couldn't think straight anymore while waiting for the office to open. My breathing was fast and messy. My heart beat faster while my eyes looked on the wall-clock on the receptionist's desk. It read 7:29am. I had been waiting there for fifteen minutes and every second increased my anxiety. The room remained too quiet and it reached my nerves.

My bag against my chest, I impatiently waited for the doctor to open the office. He shouldn't be there before eight. However, my desperate call in the morning made him accept to come earlier.

When his chubby shape appeared in the frame door, I immediately jumped to my feet. Dr. Rums entered the corridor in his dark suit and his attaché case.

He smiled at me and motioned for me to follow him. I followed the short man in the corridor. He unlocked his old door where 'Dr Rums, psychologist and therapist' was written.

I hadn't put a foot in that office in a while whereas the last year, I came every week. Dr. Rums had been my psychologist since I was released from the clinic I had been locked up in, for long months. When I started high school in Manchester, I was depressed and irritable. A simple thing could get me mad to a point that I wanted to smash someone's face. The atmosphere change from the small village to the huge City had been hard. My mother chose me a shrink from her range of her merciless and obedient doctors. But I refused to meet them, I prefered to look for someone by myself. That's how I met Dr. Rums.

The man was old, I could tell by with gray hair and a thick mustache. That rather earned my respect. He was wise and very quick to understand.

However, I never wanted to confess too much to him. There was only one reason why I came to see him.

I entered his office and sat in the comfortable red armchair in front of him. Dr. Rums was a simple man and he didn't like fancy things. His modest office proved it. There were only two armchairs, a couch, a desk and a bookcase where he stored the old medical records.

He sat in front of me with notebook. He grabbed his glasses and put them on his nose, and then he finally looked up to me.

"It's been quite a long time," he remarked with a low voice. I nodded at his first sentence.

"How's life going for you, Evelyn?"

He was asking. However, I could tell he already knew that I didn't call him to talk about rainbows and unicorns.

"I make the... nightmares, again." I stuttered, trying to take the scenes out of my head.

He looked up, lifting his glasses up. His face wore a serious expression.

Every image popped into my head, the hands, the people and the dark room came back to my mind. Tears uncontrollably fell down on my cheeks. They were unstoppable. I didn't want to break down in front of Dr. Rums like I did four years ago. It might seem like I'd never change, that I never moved on and made a step forward.

"Are they exactly like the old ones you had?" he asked, looking for his notes through my record.

"Yeah but the beginning is quite clear and the rest is vague." I replied, nudging myself into the armchair. I didn't want to feel the painful sting in my heart anymore. I was tired, I wanted to sleep. But I was afraid to shut my eyes and relive the worst moments of my life, again.