Chapter 11

HII! VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS!

New covers for the two books! Hope you like them xx

*11*

Harry's POV

The impatience started to fill both Zayn and me. We were pacing in the corridor with impatience, the two of us waiting for Eve. His father left a few minutes ago, a smile across his lips. His nonchalant demeanor intended to show us that Eve's arrival didn't affect him in any way. However, knowing Eve, I bet she was making hard for her mother to reply.

By now, I could understand the relationship between Zayn and her. They weren't just fuck-buddies as she would dryly say it. It seemed deeper, more complicated than she intended to show it. By the obvious disappointment on expression, I could tell Zayn was someone special to her, she trusted him. That was the reason why she seemed to fall to pieces when he admitted he knew the truth. She reproached him for never knowing her father. But it wasn't his fault. Obviously.

As I leant against the wall, I carefully observed Zayn who was continuing the thousand steps in the corridor. He looked so affected by Eve blaming everything on him. He stopped walking and turned towards me.

"How did she take the news?" he asked, crossing his arms. He was all ears.

"Well, she thinks her father died because of her. But I think she truly feels happy to have a new family." I replied, remembering the smile across her face while talking to Maura, Niall and Greg. She still sucked at talking to Theo, but one day, she would be able to play around with a kid.

She looked so torn when she had to leave them, as if she considered them as family, just by listening to their story. I was truly glad she found them. The smile on her lips, despite the deep sadness for her father, was amazing to observe.

"She deserves a loving family, after so long years with Helen."

I couldn't agree more with him. I nodded with a genuine smile on my lips. She deserved to be loved by a family who would fill the gaps Helen dug for years.

"Oh right, Helen is... special. You know Eve, she's always wanted some recognition from her."

However, he shook his head. I didn't understand what it meant, I just stared at him questioningly.

"I don't know that side of Evelyn." He revealed, to my surprise. I had always thought he knew Evelyn, every side of her since she seemed to trust him so much. A smile appeared in the corner of his lips and he shrugged. "Everyone sees that she has changed, that she's opening up to people, that she smiles more often... We all know that you're the reason why."

It felt so damn awkward to be told such things by the first man Eve had known. I knew I wasn't a stranger in the circumstances of her transformation. But she didn't owe it all to me. Big part of her worked hard to develop, I just pushed her. Evelyn just needed a little shove to jump and let her feelings out.

"Basically, Eve's a good person. So yeah..." I responded awkwardly, rubbing the base of my neck. The noise of shoes against the tiles made our head snap towards the woman wearing them.

Evelyn was standing near the door, sweeping tears from her eyes. When she looked up, I saw a pair of blue eyes sparkling with happiness. Relief filled me at seeing such a delighted expression on her face. Wondering what was happening, I rushed to her side and heard Zayn following me right away.

"How was it?" I asked, earning the largest smile on her lips. It only meant that her mother gave her some attention and maybe apologies.

She sighed out, shaking her head, holding the mystery.