Chapter 21

HIII! PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SHARE AND COMMENT.
DEDICATION FOR nutellastyles__

your support, love. X

* 21*

My mind jumped from blank to thoughtful, as I attempted to rewind what Harry's friends told about that Cathie. Who said it? I think Payne said her name. But another one talked about how Harry was very jealous when it came to her.

Now that I was standing in front of her, in one hand, I understood why Harry had been jealous: she was so damn beautiful. I was, too, but she dressed so elegantly while I was wearing the outfit I slept in. I should be the one who was dressed with elegance, not her. On the other hand, I hope she was married and had twenty babies. However, no ring adorned her long fingers... Wake up, Evelyn! I scolded myself, remembering I wasn't alone.

"Nice to meet you," I forced a wide smile across my lips. I peeked at Harry who started giggling. I wanted to throw a hammer at his face for already giggling at my fake smile.
"Oh, sorry by the way. I opened the door since no one came to open." She said, crossing her arms.

"It's okay. We didn't hear anything because of the vacuum cleaner from upstairs," Harry lied, as if he never ignored the bell a few times.

My ability to understand people's expressions had improved since I could easily see lights in her eyes whenever she had her eyes on Harry. Without me realizing, I was staring at her, trying to imagine what kind of couple Harry and she were. A cough from Cathie woke me from my dreams and I noticed she was freezing.

"Catherine?" we all heard Anne shouting from upstairs and the vibrations of her morning housework stopped as well. I heard footsteps running downstairs. "How are you, love?"

"G'morning ma'am!" she smiled up. Soon, I could see Anne walking towards her. She widely opened her arms, ready for a hug. Sighing out, I only rolled my eyes at the warm hug they were having. Harry turned towards me, and noticed how my face saddened at the scene offered to my eyes.

"One day, babe." He reassuringly mouthed, but nothing could do. Even if Anne didn't hug me or ask me how I felt, I didn't care. All I wanted was a little bit of recognition from Harry's family. "One day!"

"Harry, why don't you make us tea?" Anne said to her son. Then, they talked in a low voice while walking upstairs. Anne seemed to appreciate this Cathie.

During the long years Anne worked at Sethi's, I never saw her so sure of herself and strong in front of me. I guess her distance from Sethi Cosmetics changed her, in a positive way. Even though the company gave chance to every intelligent woman, it became a kind of prison whenever my mother and I were around. Before the fear that I let workers feel around me was source of power and pride. Now, I started to realize how it laced and imprisoned them in an infernal system.

"Did you hear the mother?" Harry chuckled to draw my attention back to him. I pushed my thoughts away and focused on the man in front of me. "Let's make tea before she starts screaming at me."

The both of us came back into the kitchen where fights and demonstration of our love had just occurred to make tea for Harry's ex. Kind of weird. He started to heat water while I peeked through the closed window.

The sky was gray, thick clouds covering a shy sun. I expected snow to fall soon but it thankfully didn't yet. However, one by one, droplets wetted the window. Rain was slowly falling on town.

"Lauren!" I heard a girl shout nervously. I turned around, surprised to know Harry's cousins were back so early in the morning. "I swear I'm going to kill you!"