Chapter 16

HELLO, MY EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER! Vote and Comment!

QUICK QUESTION BEFORE YOU START READING (PLEASE REPLY) IF I ENTER A WRITING CONTEST, WOULD YOU TAKE TIME TO VOTE FOR ME? :)))

*16*

Evelyn’s POV

Harry seized me by the waist, a huge smile forming on his lips. I feared he would go mad that I followed him until here. However, he seemed more thankful than angry.

He brought me closer against him, placing a soft kiss on my lips. However, I wanted to leave. His family wouldn’t understand our relationship. No one understood us, except for Francia.

Thick smoke escaped my lips and nostrils, as I breathed. My body quivered inexorably with the cold wind hitting me. With the rush, I had forgot my coat, which allowed the cold to torture me. Soon, my teeth were chattering. The winter would be complete once the snow would fall. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be for tonight.

“Grr, I better go. Karl and I still have a long way home.” I told him even though I would have loved to stay with him. I had to go, however, the strong arms snaked around my body coaxed me into staying. His warm embrace made me want to stay.

“Thank you for taking the bear back. I’ll see you on Monday, then?” he asked half-heartedly, caressing my cheek. My stomach twisted into knots at his sweet touch and at the thought of being away from him for three more days. His presence became a need, an addiction. Without him, I wouldn’t even be able to get up and live my life.

If he weren’t there, I would be in my bed alone. I would gulp my loneliness with my pills, trying to find a reason to my existence. The door would be locked for anyone who would look for me. My only friend would remain my meds. But Harry maintained these depressive moments away by his comforting presence. I looked into his green eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Monday can’t come soon enough!”

He leant in, approaching his beautiful lips to mine. However, a voice calling out his name stopped him. The firm hold he had around me was down, as he spun around. He clenched his jawline as a small and chubby woman appeared to my sight. As she crossed the empty street, nearing the streetlamp we were under, her face became clear. She seemed to be in her sixty’s. She had short grey hair and very pale skin. She extended her arms towards Harry, and he fast paced towards her.

It was his grandmother, I guess. Harry looked cute with the woman who firmly wrapped around him. I smiled to myself, reminiscing the few things about my own grandmother. But the memories were impossible to fully recall due to my age when I last saw her.

“I thought you’d never come back home!” she whined, seizing Harry’s shoulders with her small hands. She had missed him. It was readable on the way her eyes sparkled and her hands firmly held him.

I would be in their way, if I stayed. I chose to climb back into the car and take the bear out. Its size made it difficult for me to move. After struggling a bit, I managed to take it out, without any harm. When I turned around to give it to Harry, I jolted in surprise to see the woman in front of me.

“Hello sweetie,” she smiled widely at me. Surprise filled me to a point that my arms almost let the bear fall to the asphalt. I attempted to reply to her greeting, however, my mouth hung open. Every attempt to mouth a word turned into white smoke escaping my lips. What the hell?

“Are you okay?” She asked, cocking an eyebrow. But the response to her question consisted in a rough cough from my lungs. Harry came by my side and took the bear from my hand. He gave an amused grin while placing an arm around me.