Chapter 36 + New book

Hi! I posted a new book called: Between Devil and Satan. I hope you can check it and give me some feedback on it. I really enjoyed writing it so it'd be cool if you gave it a chance. And of course, it's a Harry fiction X)
Thanks to vanessa505 for already checking. Love ya X

Evelyn’s POV

Things went great even though Harry was missing. Never in my life did I see my mother smile so much. Receiving that prize felt like a small revenge on life. No one knew where she started, what she had to deal with... She had reached one of her life goals. She reached it by forgetting other things of life, things like her children. It still tasted acrid to me, but the pain was healing slowly. She was trying to make up for her mistakes and that night, I was proud of that, too.

“Hey Eve, is it going to last one more hour?” Niall asked, moving on his chair.

He had been completely impatient since my mother received her prize. He did not know how to act anymore. Events like this were not for everyone, especially for Niall who was used to cool parties. We were at a very formal event, in which every eye was judgmental. I was used to this, not Niall.

“There is a kind of after-party soon. Don’t worry.” I replied. Even I wanted to sleep, as I could barely understand French.

Soon, the after-party began and we all exited one room to join another one. Finally, Niall and I could breathe a little bit. Everything seemed less formal. The room was extremely large with a very old-fashioned decoration, it almost looked cold. There were chairs and tables to sit, favorable to business talks. There was a dance floor and an orchestra playing jazzy music. Everything seemed warmer and more welcoming.

There was a bar where we could get different cocktails.

My brother and I seemed instantly attracted to the bar, while my mother got involved in business talk with some men. Tonight, I made the promise to myself not to talk work with anyone.

“Finally free!” Niall laughed rising his glass.

“Exactly. That was very boring.” I giggled. The place where we sat gave us a full view on the room. We could not miss anything of what was going on. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves in talking, more than dancing. Only a few couples were on the dance floor. “I noticed you and Helen barely talked.”

Niall looked up down on me and shrugged his shoulders.
“I don’t know... She’s still a stranger to me. We have nothing in common.” He mumbled. It was clear he felt frustrated. I could never understand how Niall made it through his pain. He knew his mother, what she did. He had affronted her eyes, without her acknowledging him as her son. Now, she had introduced him to the High Society as her son. But there was still a gap...

“I feel you.”

He lightly laughed and looked right into my eyes.
“You’re a mini Helen Sethi, Eve. You have everything in common with her.” He pointed before sipping one more time.

“Maybe...” I lowly muttered. He was right. Even though I wished I would be a better person than my mother, there was just a small difference between us.

“Oh my God, Evelyn Sethi!” I heard from behind me. A woman stood next to me. She had a large smile on her face while she immediately headed to embrace me. I was totally surprised, since I did not even know her. When she moved away from me, she smiled at me waiting for me to say a word. She was wearing a long red dress and had short blond hair. Her face was not really new to me, though I could not put a name on it.

"We were at school together! Margaret Bonnard."  She said. The name sounded familiar and vaguely reminded me of someone until my memory rushed back.