Chapter 25

HI! PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! I REALLY LOVE READING COMMENTS

reppinxotothedeath thank you for the votes xx

Evelyn's POV

"He told me his name was Patrick Wiesenthal!" I repeated, for the thousandth time, my voice laced with exasperation. One of my hands covered my face, as I ducked my head down. My whole body was slowly worn-out with the questions that came thick and fast for what seemed like a million years.

My hands began to quiver due to the combination of tiredness and fear. I blinked my eyes once, before looking up to the Inspector who had been questioning me about Patrick... or than John. I could not believe my own ears, and even the proofs that the police had gathered.

Since the day I discovered Patrick hacked my phone and spied on me, the image I had of him really altered. He was manipulative and extremely jealous; he did spy on my phone in order to separate me from my friends, specifically from Harry, he lied to all my friends about me, and lied to me about them. He seemed to want me just for him, attempting to build a strong barrier between my rare friends and me.

I could not believe I had been with a criminal, that I offered him to stay at my apartment in Manchester, and that I protected him from Harry's accusation. I came to realization that I could believe the facts; my mind just couldn't conceive that I was blinded for long months. Blinded by my secret feelings for Harry. My wish to forget Harry reached so big proportion that I accepted to be with him, pulling aside my usual suspicion towards simple acquaintances.

I easily let him in my life and let him manipulate me, while some persons needed years of conversation to earn a little bit of my trust.

"Miss Sethi," the Inspector Brett called me out, which snapped me out of my thoughts. "How did the cut drugs end up in your apartment, then?"

I heard his question about a thousand times. They wanted to get me psychologically and physically exhausted to give them a satisfying response that I couldn't give them. I glanced up and my eyes fixed the clock above the door, which showed five to ten. I had quitted the apartment with them and Harry around eight. My heart stopped, when the handcuffs came into my view. Flashbacks rushed back into my head, tormenting me, as I saw the handcuffs.

It wasn't my first time being accused of a crime I did not even perpetrate. I could remember all these days spent at the hospital, in front of the judges, while trying to convince everyone that I never murdered Mrs. Rosenberg. No one ever believed my words, not even my own mother, which obviously hurt the most.

"Miss Sethi!" the man finally scolded, to snap me out of my thoughts once more. The man furrowed his brows at me, while his fingers drummed at the edge of the wooden desk.

I totally forgot I was in the middle of a stressful questioning. He showered me with the same questions for an hour or so.

"I told you already, I don't kn-" I stopped myself from repeating the same response over and over again. All of the sudden, I could remember how the boxes could end up in my office. The man noticed my abrupt stop and leant in, cocking his eyebrow.

"I know how it happened!" I finally exclaimed, my eyes about to pop out of my eye sockets. I exhaled heavily, my lips starting to shake. How couldn't I remember such an important thing? "One night, he told me someone broke into his father's depot and the refrigerating system didn't work. He asked me for help because he needed to store some fragile meds. I let him store them in my apartment until he could get the depot fixed."

The Inspector leant back, his eyes staring at me, as if trying to detect an eventual lie. I faced him, regaining some self-confidence, as I finally had a valuable argument to reply one of his questions.