Chapter 37

Hello! Between devil and Satan is updated. I hope you like it. Thanks to all the ones who read it.
Have fun reading. Also, I attempted to post this chapter since forever but my phone won't let me. And now wattpad uploaded it four times. So sorry for the wait and for killing your notifs.

*37*

Lens' words could hurt. They could reach me, even though I did not want them to. I could do nothing about it. I guess being his fiancée for a year or more made me consider his opinion.

Strange doubts had been chasing me for a long moment even when we left the place. In the flight back to Manchester, my thoughts always went elsewhere. I watched my mother in the private jet, she was surrounded with two assistants of hers, coffee in one hand and a pen in the other one.

She was all focused on her job, talking, signing papers, giving orders. Her face was cold again. However, I knew she loved her job and the status she had reached with her own strength. That did not stop me from wondering how she felt at night. When she was ready to sleep and had no more job to do. I wondered how she felt during the calm moment of her life, without anyone around her.

Did she feel alone? Did she feel sad? Or was it all in my imagination. She could also be the hardcore independent woman type. A person who was fulfilled with her everyday tasks. A person who did not need anyone.

I had always thought I needed no one. But I had soon realized I'd always needed my mother. I needed someone to grace me with some affection. Harry made me realize that. I even needed Lens in my life when he ran away to France and abandoned me. Everyone needed someone.

What afraid me was to know how she felt.

"Still daydreaming?" Niall asked me while he sat back in the leather chair in front of me. He threw his feet on the small table separating us while drinking his glass straight.

"It's so stupid." I mumbled, glaring at his feet.

"That's right. Why don't you just enjoy the trip? We're in a damn private jet." He bluntly said. Niall acted as if he were a poor guy. I had seen their house in Ireland, that large mansion with hundred rooms and a paradisiacal garden. But in Manchester, I could easily remember that he lived in a small room in the back of the restaurant where he worked.

"Niall, your manners!" Helen boomed from the back, which made me burst out laughing. He lazily removed his feet from the table to sit properly.

"Good guy listens to momma." I mocked, as the Commandant informed us about our imminent landing.

-

"I'm going to see Harry, first." I told Niall, as Karl drove us towards his place. My mother went straight to Sethi's right after landing. He aimed to visit his so-called friend, Lily who helped him when he arrived in Manchester. I doubted they were just friends, but it was tiring to mock him all day.

The car stopped and Karl opened the door for me. I grabbed my Gucci bag and a few shopping bags. In the morning, we went shopping in the chic boutiques of Paris.

"Shall I get you back, Miss Sethi?" he asked formally, as always.

"No, it'll be fine. Call Gretchen Edwards so she can put some order to my suitcase." I replied, opening my bag to look for my cell phone. "Karl, do I look ok?"

The flight had been exhausting and the wind that welcomed me at the airport had completely messed my hair. Karl could not help laughing, as he closed the door. The question embarrassed him. But I had no choice since Niall had decided to ignore my questions, a few minutes ago.