Chapter 18

HII! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ♥♥

*18*

Evelyn’s POV

Horrible vibrations startled me out of my sleep. I sat up on the bed, pulling my thick covers away. I jumped up with shock, as if high voltage hit me. My eyes shot open and my mouth wide open, I gasped for air. I looked around for what pushed me out of my sleep.  My phone was buzzing on the nightstand. It stopped vibrating once I reached for it.

I pushed my strands of hair back to clear my vision and read new messages on the screen.
I got a few messages from Edwards and Niall, which got my phone buzzing for a while. I opened Niall’s, first, unable to stop the smile on my lips.

Things easily slipped out of my mind, even important things like having a brother. It was still unbelievable, as if the couple of days spent in Ireland were the pure fruit of my imagination.

From Niall Horan:
Hi! I’m abt to fly to Manchester!!

From Niall Horan:
May I drop by ur place?

To Niall Horan:
That’s great! I’m not home yet, tho

I was glad he was coming. He looked so hurt and depressed, so unlike the cheerful guy he usually was, when he mentioned the way Helen rejected him. The two of suffered from the same rejection, our mother’s rejection.
I chose not to read Edwards’s texts since it was about work. I had enough problems as for now. She would have to wait until Monday.

Soon, I fully gained my consciousness and realized I was in Harry’s old room, however, I remarked an empty spot on the bed. Suddenly, the memories of what I did the night before, hit me, hard.

I betrayed the trust he gave me by taking these pills. He had always helped me through my addiction, we were going the right way and a small problem made our efforts fall to pieces.

I decided not to tell him, behave as naturally as possible in order to hide my faux pas.

Harry wasn’t the one for me, according to his family. I started to ponder whether they were right or not. He was an angel who saved me from auto destruction. I didn’t deserve to be with him...

A knock at the door startled me. I breathed heavily, knowing Harry wouldn't knock. Soon, panic engulfed me to the point that I couldn’t even say ‘come in’.

I fixed my hair and finally could utter the two words.

The door was slowly pushed open and long brown hair peeked from behind it. Harry’s sister appeared at the door, a weak smile on her lips. She had a long and tiring night, which I could read on her pale face and her heavy eyelids. I guess her baby didn’t let her sleep at all.

“G’morning,” she greeted. Her eyes fast scanned the room, seemingly looking for Harry. “You were sleeping?”

“No, come on in!” I told her, noticing her hesitation. She stayed next to the door, closing the tails of her long blue dressing gown. She had a slim smile on her lips, which aggravated the awkwardness filling the air. Gemma and I didn’t talk at all since I was the detested girlfriend of her brother.

“Is Harry there?” she asked me, ignoring my invitation to come in. However, I shook my head saying no. As she was about to exit the room, I called out for her.

“Do you have some time to talk?” I asked her, which made her turn around. She acquiesced. Her misunderstanding was drawn on her face, nevertheless.

I removed the thick covers from my body and slid out of the small bed. Once out of my covers, I realized I slept in the outfit with which I left Manchester. I stretched my arms and forced a  good yawn out.