Chapter 3

HI! 20 votes = next chapter

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS FOR READING THE BOOK!
DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT! I'D LIKE SOME OPINIONS!

*3*

Harry's POV
"And she wasn't there anymore?" Louis asked after swallowing another mouthful of his tuna sandwich. I nodded my head at his question and looked down on my empty plate. I had finished my eggs within a minute due to my strong appetite.

I had told him everything that happened between Eve and I. Louis – who usually derided my feelings for Eve –listened to me and didn't criticize anything. I think he finally understood that I grew up and let the past behind me.

The two of us were taking a late breakfast at Jake's pub, which was vacant at that time of the day.

"So what now?" Louis' curiosity just struck me. I couldn't even reply to his question. Yes, I left the building with excess of confidence. However, I started to ponder about my leaving. I should've stayed.

No, I shook my head, convincing myself I made the right choice. Now, I should just wait for her mind and heart to be according.

"I'm waiting for her decision." I murmured. I should be worrying about her response. However, something told me everything would be okay.

"I can't believe this day has come!" Louis laughed at my frowned expression. He leant in his chair and peeked out of the window. Then, his blue eyes glanced at the other side of the room and observed Jake walking up to us. Jake, along with Lou had been my friend since I lived in Manchester. He brought two packs of beer in his hands and placed them on the table.

"The day you will finally pay for what you order?" Jake asked, tired of giving free food. In fact, he owned the pub for a few months and Louis and I weren't helping at all in his little business.

"No, the player fell in love with a girl!" Louis corrected, without giving a second thought about paying. He made himself at ease, extending his arm along the back of the booth. As far as I remember, the three of us had always mocked Liam for being the sensitive one among the group. With Angelica, they already teased me but now, everything was different. The mates seemed to understand, with maturity.

Jake laughed at Lou's response. Turning towards to me, he nodded, as if approving something.

Then, vibrations were sent through my pocket. I pulled my phone out and read the ID, which made my heart run. Eve's name appeared on the screen. A wide smile formed on my lips, which was impossible to hide from my friends. I picked up her call and walked away from the booth. I put a good distance between the mate and me, by stopping near the counter of the bar. They were my friends but they remained two assholes who always found a way to ridicule me.

"Hey!" my voice held some nervousness even though I was somewhat thrilled.

"Harry," hers was laced with much more gravity. "Don't ever talk to me again."

My mind slowly proceeded to fathom her words. At the end of seconds that felt like years, my previous excitement switched into deep disenchantment. No words could be spoken. Not even a noise to reveal my internal shock could leave my lips.

Oppositely, Eve sounded very calm. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to her.

Jake and Louis thankfully didn't notice the drastic change of expression. The goofy smile became a frown on my forehead. The feeling forming in the pit of my stomach was just fear – the fear of properly hearing her.

"Repeat that!" I demanded, fighting with myself not to raise the tone of my voice. I wouldn't conceive her words if she didn't speak them clearly twice.