Chapter 13

HI VOTE AND COMMENT! SORRY FOR TYPOS!

*13*

"This is the last one, Miss." Edwards said sliding a last document under my eyes. Exhaustion reached my brain and my body within a few minutes of talk with her. Her arrival was so sudden, her body shaking and her jaw clenching, due to the cold and somehow, fear of me screaming at her face for coming so soon. However, she needed every paper to be signed before sending them to Greg.

I still wonder if the fact that he requested to be our supplier wasn't a coincidence. He could have made it on purpose.

"Done." I sighed in tiredness, after using the long and complicated signature of mine on every page of every document. I removed my glasses and massaged my temples. I had forgotten my contacts in Ireland. I lost so many of them within a few months that I wondered if I should use my old glasses for good.

"And your mother wants you to join her this afternoon, if you feel better."

Why did she need to tell Edwards instead of telling me? She could have called. On my nerves, I stiffed a frustrated sigh out, which she immediately noticed.

"Karl will pick you up at two."

Then, Edwards started to tell me about how everything was going at Sethi's during my absence. However, I couldn't focus on her words. I only looked down on the papers and listened to words I seemingly couldn't understand. Harry said that meds abuse increased my lack of concentration. He must be right since work always got me focused. That's why I intended to fight my problem. In a few weeks, classes would start and I would need to give full attention to get my degree.

In a last attempt to listen to her, I blocked my view on Edwards. But she suddenly stopped talking with her mouth hanging open.

"Oh, we have a guest!" I heard Harry behind me. His voice displayed surprise.

I turned my head towards him and I was struck with hotness emanating from his body. He had nothing but jeans on. He just left the bathroom and water ran down the curves and tones of his torso. I might have watched him without a shirt, a hundred times; however, I couldn't get enough of his sexiness. The strong and muscular arms, the perfect abs and the black ink forming these intriguing tattoos over his body...

No. Not in front of Edwards. I tore my eyes from Harry and realized that she was checking him out. She waved her hand at him, smiling goofily.

Harry sat next to me and smiled at her, which just aroused her excitement. I took a large cushion from the couch and threw it against his torso.

"Cover your body, Harry." I groaned, which made him explode into laughter. Edwards held her laugh even though she obviously wanted to.

"Yes, Ma'am." He giggled and pinched my cheek. My cheek blushed but I kept a frown on my forehead, looking towards Harry. Every time I was in presence of someone from work, I couldn't act like a perfect girlfriend. We didn't need to show off what was between us to anyone.

"I have to go," Edwards announced, to my relief. After cautiously gathering every document in her case, with Harry's help, she jumped to her feet and addressed us a smile. "And I'll get you new brown contacts."

"Blue ones," I mumbled but Edwards didn't hear. "I want blue ones. Just like the real colour of my eyes."

And like my father's colour of eye. My mother didn't want to see those blue eyes anymore but I wanted to show off that one thing I got from him.

Harry, as a very charming man he was, walked her towards the door. Edwards couldn't tear her eyes from him, which I couldn't blame her for. Why did he need to be so attractive?