Chapter 28

HIIIII! DON't FORGET FEEDBACKS. PLEASEEEE

Peterpanneverland88 thank you for voting. Xx

*28*

Evelyn's POV

The sky was grey, making the day morose. Snow was slowly falling from the sky, the wind blew hard, hitting my face. I breathed in the fresh air. The sun was nowhere to be seen, however the faint light in the sky overwhelmed me. Three days without fresh air, three days without seeing the sky, three days with four walls around me... Those three days made me realize how the simplest things of life seemed more luxurious than my pricy furniture and clothing.

My three first seconds standing at the top of the stairs made flashbacks run back to my mind. I wanted to appreciate every second and closed my eyes. I breathed in the fresh air, listened to the noise around me. I smiled to myself, enjoying the three seconds I was offered to be in peace.

My very short time waiting came to its end. I opened my eyes and finally acknowledge the paps presence, their cameras pointed at me and their questions come thick and fast from every direction.

I filled my lungs with air in order to gather strength. I faced them and adjusted my big black glasses before making my first step forward. My eyes looked for a specific group of persons, wanting to press them against me and tell them how much I loved them, as if it were my last day with them.

Some police officers walked in front of me and others followed me from behind. My head ducked down and my back arched, I walked through the crowd, calling out my name. A weird feeling formed in my stomach, as I finished climbing down the stairs. I made it through the crowd, however, the more I was supposedly closer to my friends and family, the more stress filled me.

I was worrying about their reaction in front of such a crowd of journalists. I was worrying about their gazes, their disappointment and even our separation. I imagined this moment a thousand times since my arrest and I never feared it before now. On this fateful day, my stomach was twisting into knots in a way I could not understand.

However, everything stopped when my eyes landed on two men, widely smiling at me. The moment seemed to freeze, and I was the only one who could move. But my body couldn't. My eyes were filled with tears and the ache in my stomach mysteriously disappeared. Joy I never experienced before slowly raised in my heart, tearing my tears down. I wanted to sweep them away, but my hands were stuck in their position. My joy couldn't be explained. Within a fraction of a second, my world seemed to light up, as if my dark thoughts and fears never existed.

A large smile couldn't be suppressed from my lips, making my jaw hurt. My tears fell harder when one of the two men made a step forward while everybody else seemed frozen. Soon, one of my hands could reach up to my eyes and sweep my uncontrollable tears. My leg was the second to be free, allowing me to make a pace closer towards the two men. My whole body unblocked, as my wish to cry in their arms deepened.

I rushed towards them and the longhaired one made a step forward to finally open his arms. I took shelter between the two arms that enveloped my body. So much happiness overwhelmed me that my heart was about to jump out of my ribcage

 So much happiness overwhelmed me that my heart was about to jump out of my ribcage

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Haziness (Sequel to Business) |H.S|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें