Chapter 20

HELLOOO! I’M BACK,
PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT xx

Dedication to
_alexabarrientos xx

*20*

Evelyn’s POV

Anne left the room as none of us replied to her question. Hopefully, she didn’t notice the worried gaze I threw to Harry. She would’ve grasped the uneasiness that slowly filled the room.
As Harry’s eyes settled on me, I held my breath, waiting for him to speak. But he didn’t. His green eyes just stared into mine almost blankly while he crossed his arms above his chest. I only observed him, and then looked away.
I fixed my eyes on the window, hoping he wouldn’t be too disappointed. I promised him to tell him everything about my dependence. However, I broke my promise after hearing what my relationship with Harry would break a family apart, once again. Now that I knew more about Harry’s story, I couldn’t just ignore how my simple presence already spread dilemma in their house.

While I let my thoughts wander, Harry didn’t say any word yet. As far as I remembered, that kind of situation drove me mad. I’d have prefered to get into an argue with him instead of the awkward silence he inflicted on me.

“Are you going to say anything?” I finally let out. The tone of my voice was laced with rage. It actually just made him smile.

“You know how much I like making you wait, this time, it isn’t the case.” He replied, walking over to me. I cocked my eyebrow and crossed my arms together above my chest. “I was just thinking about why you did that.”

He ended up in front of me, looking down on me. His hands were around arms and he drew me closer to him. He didn’t watch me as if he were mad or too disappointed. My head was spinning, as I expected us to get into a fight. My mind had been ready to argue with him, aligned my arguments in order to win. However, these arguments slowly escaped my mind, as Harry didn’t let me the chance to yell.

“I understand you, Eve. I know how much it’s hard.” He silently said, taking a weigh off my shoulder. He understood better than anyone did. If he ever told me his story sooner, I think I would’ve shaken him before he slept. “You should have... Why didn’t you just tell me?”

I sighed out and pushed myself out of his arms. What hell of luck did I have to be with someone like Harry? He could contain his anger, while I’d have exploded into million pieces and yelled at everyone. We were so different, so his presence just cooled my warm temperament.

“I just didn’t want to tell you. I still live in Angelica’s shadow. Anne still wants her to replace me. It shouldn’t sadden me anymore. And I heard your grandmother, she doesn’t want your family to break again. So sometimes, I wonder if I’m any good for you and your family.” I explained, taking a seat, away from Harry’s eyes.
I didn’t care about his past, how he played with women or even what he did to his family. He buried that, letting these things behind him. Past didn’t matter to me. I think it just brightened Harry’s image to my eyes, even though people couldn’t forget what he did. That’s what his family feared and I didn’t want him to lose a ‘real loving family’ for me. He had all I wanted from the beginning and he couldn’t lose that for me.

“These are my problems to solve.” Harry said, sighing deeply. He must be thinking of the family he loved and that he really wanted back in his life. “Don’t worry.” He walked towards the door and checked if anyone was around. Harry seemed very suspicious in his own house, as if he feared that anyone would spy on us or hear snippets of our conversation. He still didn’t have full trust in his family, but I wonder why.