Chapter 8

HIII!!! DON’T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE! SORRY FOR TYPOS. IM VERY TIRED.

*8*

Evelyn’s POV

His lips on mine were a delicious feeling I almost forgot. His arms around me, his body against mine, his sweet words, his attention... I had missed everything of him. His hands cupped my neck, drawing me closer to him as mine clutched around his muscular arms.

However, he slowly pulled away, disconnecting our lips. Despite the disappointment, his kiss proved I still counted for him. He still wanted to kiss me despite everything he suffered because of me.

My state of mind had been at its lowest, my whole existence was questioned. My life didn’t seem to have any sense, due to all the lies and make-believes my mother fed me with for twenty years. I wanted to cry my pain out, attempting to keep my destroying feelings towards Helen, for myself.

However, Harry’s arrival seemed to stop the pain, replacing it by a sensation of loving only he could make me experience. I couldn’t hope for such an amazing twist of fate. Harry did come for me, just for me and nothing else. Only that thought brought me back to life.

His green eyes darted into mine as his thumb caressed my cheek, brushing past my swollen lips. I couldn’t move or say anything. I knew things were running around his head and he needed clear responses. He deserved explanations after flying from England, just to see me.

“So do you want to go back to the mansion? Just to have correct meal.” He proposed. However, I quite hesitated about going back there and confronting their eyes, especially Maura Ward’s. I wanted to talk to them all, know everything about James Horan and their lives together. I knew it would hurt me even more, hearing things I had missed.

“Yeah,” I nodded at him. He got on his feet and offered me his hand. He pulled me up but my weak legs couldn’t support my weight because of the pills that made everything around me blurry.

We walked silently towards the mansion, moving through the grass. His arm laced around my back, he helped me walk by supporting me. I shouldn’t have taken Ativan, again. Its effects amplified the haze I had been dealing with, for a while now.

When we reached the mansion, Niall welcomed me with a warm smile, at the door. I smiled back at him. He sighed in relief and approached, noticing I felt more comfortable around him than previously. However, my mind couldn’t still consider Niall as my brother. I wouldn’t be able to call him brother, at least, not yet.

“Hey, any better?” he asked, crossing his arms together. I only nodded at him as we reached the dining room. Niall’s mother – No, the woman who raised him - was there, clearing the table with a woman who turned out to be an employee. She acknowledged my presence with a smile. They all seemed relieved at seeing me, as if they feared I would never come back anymore.

“I’m going to bring something for the two of you,” She grinned before proceeding towards the kitchen.

Harry pulled out a chair for me. It agreeably surprised me how Harry had become such a gentleman with me. I sat on the chair and he placed himself next to me. Niall didn’t sit, he was leant against a wall, looking up to the ceiling. He looked deep in thoughts. He had been through the same problem as me: our mother’s constant rejection. But he seemed to mask his pain so much better than I did.

Maura was back, a tray with two bowls, a huge box of cereals and milk in her hands.

“Juni and Louis are with Greg upstairs. They are discussing the deal.” She started to place everything one by one in front of Harry and me. “Sorry, love, there was nothing but Theo’s cereals left, for breakfast.” She apologized, which I couldn’t understand. “We should go grocery shopping, later.”