Chapter 6

Hi! VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE WITH FRIENDS. DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT TO YOU IF YOU LIKE THE BOOK! ♥
*6*

His ocean blue eyes darted into mine, making the moment a bit awkward. They just didn't look familiar, those eyes were different. Only those blue eyes made travel in my past as if I'd known him from the beginning.

From the first sight, when I saw him at that pub, where Harry and I had our first kiss, I felt his lightheartedness by his eyes and his lullaby-ish voice. I appreciated Niall for his bluntness, which made me trust him fast. He treated me better than people usually did, despite my non-existent sympathy skills. I never understood why, though.

Now, he was pretending to be my brother. The first seconds, I almost believed his obvious lie. If he acted so gently with me, it could mean just one thing: that he liked me. However, when he pushed me back, his words seemed believable.   

However, my mind finally took in how far I had gone with him. I had literally assaulted him, which surprised him enough to shove me away. Regrets triumphed, as I realized I had tried to kiss Niall. He was just an authentic friend of mine, which was as rare as a smile on my mother's face.

"Very funny, Niall." I laughed, backing up. I let a large space between us so he understood any idea of kissing him had abandoned my mind. But apologies couldn't leave my lips despite his face showing explicitly he wanted apologies.

He ruffled his hair with his two hands, heaving a sigh from his lips. He buried his elbows into his thighs and his face into the palm of his hands. He was bent, his back rising when he heavily breathed. Confusion animated me when no word escaped his lips. How was it even possible? Niall Horan, running out of words?

His state differed a lot from his usual self. Even though his face was hidden into his palms, I could feel his seriousness radiating. Many things came up to my mind - scary things. He didn't seem like he was trying to fool me. If Niall said the truth, he would be my...

"I don't understand. You have your own mother..." I murmured, with short breathing. An expecting smile was forced on my lips, desiring to hear him laugh out loud, mocking me for swallowing his joke. But he only looked up, showing me his pale face and blank stare. His body turned towards me and he pushed his hair back.

"Maura isn't my mother." He uttered. His voice was laced with so much pain, that my body shivered. I knew people weren't always happy, but my eyes couldn't be used to seeing Niall so pained. My mouth hung open, waiting for him to say something to explain.

Niall and I couldn't be siblings. We looked so different from each other, from head to toe. He had blonde hair, I was a brunette. His skin was white while mine was tanned. Our features diverged too much, making us look like anything but siblings.

"You can't be my brother. We are so different."

"It's possible not to look perfectly the same. We just both got his eyes."

Suddenly, I remembered how his blue eyes struck me, at the first sight. I had blue eyes, too. But my mother had always given me brown contacts.

I had seen his mother. She had much more in common with him than my mother did. He couldn't be my brother, in any way. Why wouldn't I be aware? I would've seen his traces anywhere in my life.

"It's a very long story." He hissed, darting his blue eyes into mine. I nodded at him, swallowing my spittle. I shifted the covers over my lap and he jumped out of his shoes. He climbed over the small bed, crossing his legs together. He made himself at ease, clearing his throat numerously but he could never utter a word. When he looked to gather enough words, his eyes confronted my puzzled expression. "James and Helen are our parents."

Haziness (Sequel to Business) |H.S|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें