Need you - Sparia

Not mine

Spencer was lying in bed, attempting to sleep. It was 2:30 am and she was wide awake, something kept her up, she just didn't know what. She was hoping it was just a weird feeling.

After a few minutes of tossing and turning, Spencer heard her phone ring. She reached for it, and saw it was Aria calling. She looked at the time before answering; it was three am.

"Aria?"

There wasn't a reply, just the sounds of sniffling and chocked sobs.

"Aria, sweetie, what's wrong?" Spencer got up and started putting clothes on, she knew immediately that she was going to wherever Aria was.

More sobs were heard, before a barely audible, "Spence... I need you..."

"I'm on my way right now," Spencer wasn't lying, she was already in her car, "Are you home, babe?"

"Yes," was whispered.

Spencer nodded and started driving, "I'll be right there, is the door open?" she was trying to distract her distraught friend.

"It is," Aria could, very obviously, not speak for long before sobbing.

Spencer pulled over in front of the Montgomery's house, and ran to the door.

When she reached her best friend's bedroom, she hesitated, before taking a deep breath and opening the door.

What she saw made her heart clench; Aria was on her bed, tears streaming down her face, but that wasn't what made Spencer's blood boil, it was the large bruise on her forearm that was very obviously purposefully inflicted that made Spencer feel like killing the person behind it.

But she reigned her anger in and sat next to her friend, embracing her, "Aria..."

The girl in question just started sobbing loudly.

Spencer held in her own tears, "What happened?"

Aria shook her head, refusing to talk.

"You have to tell me, Ar, so that I could help you, okay?" Spencer pleaded.

After a few more minutes of crying, Aria's shaking subsided, "I was breaking it off..."

Barely hearing her friend, but happy she was speaking at all, Spencer asked, "What? Who?"

Aria clutched Spencer tighter, "Ezra, I was breaking it off with Ezra," she took a deep breath, "And he was angry..." she let out a choked sob, "He grabbed me and demanded... demanded to know why, and he didn't believe me when I told him I wasn't in love with him anymore..."

Spencer pushed Aria back, "He did this to you?" she asked, pointing at the bruise, "He hit you?"

Aria shook her head frantically, "No, he didn't hit me! He... he grabbed me really hard..."

Spencer stood up off the bed and started pacing, "How dare her? How could he? I'm going to kill him!"

Aria quickly followed her friend and took her hands, "Spence, please stop,"

When she saw the tears streaming down her smaller friend's cheeks, Spencer sighed and pulled her close, "I'm sorry, I'm angry.."

Nodding, Aria clutched Spencer's shirt, "Can you not think about Ezra or how you want to kill him right now?" she whispered, "Can we just be... here?"

Spencer held her friend tight, "Yeah, we can be anywhere you want us to be,"

The two girls moved to the bed and laid there, holding each other close.