Coffee - Sparia

"Come on, come on, come on..."

Spencer muttered to herself as she rifled desperately through the cupboards. Coming up empty handed she slammed the cupboard door shut with a frustrated growl. "Damn it...ARIA!" she tilted her head back to glare at the ceiling, "ARIAAAAA!"

Spencer heard the frantic thud of footsteps on the stairs and she glanced towards the doorway in time to see Aria run through it. She crossed her arms and glared at her purposefully.

"What?" Aria was slightly out of breath as she approached Spencer. "What is it? Is something wrong? Is it the baby?"

"No!" Spencer snapped irritably. "Where have you put the coffee?"

"You yelled for me like that because you can't find the coffee?" Aria asked in disbelief. "Seriously Spence? I thought there was something wrong."

"There is something wrong. Where is the coffee Aria?!"

"I threw it all out, remember?" Aria reminded Spencer with a sigh. They'd only been arguing about the topic two days ago. "You can't drink coffee when you're pregnant."

"I can drink coffee if I damn well please...what did you do to the coffee maker?" Spencer motioned to the coffee maker which was clearly missing the coffee pot.

"I smashed it." Aria shrugged sheepishly. "I figured you would find a way to use it."

"Aria!"

"You seem stressed." Aria looked concerned as she stepped forward. She placed her hands on Spencer's shoulders and looked her directly in the eye. "Do you want me to give you a massage to help you relax?"

"No, I don't want a massage! I want my damn co..." Spencer trailed off at the sound of the doorbell. She looked towards the doorway in confusion. "Who is that?"

"That'll be Emily and Paige." Aria answered, giving Spencer's shoulders a reassuring rub. "Paige is putting the crib together for us, remember?" she didn't wait for an answer before she released Spencer and walked out of the kitchen to answer the door.

Spencer huffed and glanced at the cupboard that used to contain her coffee.

"This is your fault." She muttered down to her stomach.

"Did you say something?" Aria's voice sounded as she walked back into the room with Paige and Emily hot on her heels. Emily's face lit up when she saw Spencer and she picked up her pace, heading straight for her.

"Emily I love you but if you touch my stomach, talk to the baby or refer to yourself as 'Auntie Emily' I won't be held responsible for my actions."

Emily stopped in her tracks a few feet away from Spencer, a disappointed look on her face.

"Ignore her, she's grumpy." Aria told Emily. She looked to Paige who stepped forward, holding a paper cup which she proceeded to hand to Aria.

"Is that for me?" Spencer asked eagerly.

"Yes." Aria allowed Spencer to take the paper cup from her hand, "But it's not..."

Her warning came too late as Spencer took a long drink from the cup. Spencer froze mid-drink, her eyes widening in horror. Lowering the cup she placed her hand over her mouth and forced herself to swallow the acrid tasting liquid instead of spitting it out. "Aria..."

"It's chamomile tea." Aria explained, forcing a fake cheerfulness into her voice. "I thought it would make an okay replacement for coffee."

"I can't drink this, it tastes like watered down flowers!" Spencer slammed the paper cup on the table and glared at Aria as if she'd tricked her into doing something.