I promise - Sparia

Not mine

Aria ran. She ran as fast as her legs would possibly carry her, her heart beating erratically, mind swimming with words from Ezra's manuscript, ears ringing with Spencer's words 'He's freaking A!'

She could hear him calling for her in the distance. That's when she saw the ski lift ahead of her, darting towards the lift she pulled out her phone and readied her speed dial.

Pulling herself into the lift she stuffed her phone into her jacket pocket and tugged frantically at the bar. Out of nowhere she heard him.

Whipping her head to the side she saw him sitting beside her latching the bar as they began to move.

"Aria. Aria... Aria. I didn't mean for it to end this way."

Struggling to get away she tugged on the bar trying to get free but they were too high up.

Panicking she moved as far away from the monster sitting beside her as she could.

"Just hear me out." His voice rang clear and composed, like someone trying to get a small child to calm down.

As he spoke he tried to place a hand on her leg, instantly she let out a scream.

"Don't touch me!"

At that same moment a bell rang out and the lift froze in mid-air, at least 50 feet from the ground below.

"Why are we stopping?!" She screamed out into the night, terrified of what would happen to her, terrified of this man she thought she loved.

"I know what you saw back there... and I can explain..."

Holding tight to the side of the lift she turned to face him, disgust, anger and pain etched upon her beautiful features.

"You knew Alison. You knew her. You pretended not too and..."

"Yes, I know I lied. I'm so sorry. There were so many times I wanted to tell you but I was afraid, I was afraid you wouldn't forgive me."

Her eyes hardened at his words, she couldn't even think of anything to say to disgusted by this man, this man whom she'd loved, whom she'd given her heart too, her innocence too.

Seeing the look on Aria's face prompted Ezra to start talking. He didn't know what to say, didn't know how to cover his tracks, but he had to find a way. He wouldn't let Aria see the truth. If he could just convince her, make up a story... words were his specialty after all.

"I met Alison in college, she lied about her age and I believed her."

"I don't want to hear this; I DON'T want to hear it I just want to get off."

"Please just listen to me!" Anger crept into his voice, he was desperate now.

"NOTHING YOU SAY WILL CHANGE ANYTHING!" Aria could feel herself losing it, she was trapped and there was no way out. Her pain and anger were all she had left as the tears stain her face... until she remembered the cell phone stuffed in her pocket.

Desperately she tried to work out a plan, she had to get to the phone, but she couldn't let him know.

She felt him shift closer to her, and he again tried to place a hand on her thigh. It was exactly the opportunity she needed.

Recoiling from his touch with a look of absolute loathing she shifted her right hand into her jacket pocket, and pushed the button, hoping and praying that her speed dial screen was still up. Knowing that she needed to keep him talking she turned and looked him straight in the face.