Hidden feelings - Spemily

Not mine

"And, Mr Garry said I wasn't working as hard as some of the other students! That's so not true!" Said Paige.

Emily and Paige were on their way to the courtyard to meet up with Hanna, Spencer and Aria. Well, Paige was dropping Emily off then heading to the guidance councilor.

Emily wasn't really paying attention to what her girlfriend was saying, she was thinking. Weren't you supposed to be over the moon, extremely happy to be with your significant other? That's how she used to feel with Maya... With Paige, it wasn't a bad feeling necessarily, she just felt numb; like how you feel in a routine.

Emily used to be so in love with Paige, at least she thought she was, but now she just feels like she's lying, to herself and to Paige.

So yes, she was ignoring her girlfriend, and she felt bad for it. After all, Emily was the "nice one".

"... don't you agree, Em?" Paige asked.

Great, thought Emily, I have no idea what I'm agreeing to but, "Yeah, totally," and now, she's lying even more.

Paige laughed softly, "What's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" Wondered Emily, although she knew what her girlfriend meant.

Paige smiled, and wrapped an arm around Emily's shoulders, "You've been deep in thought for a while, what are you thinking about?"

Emily shrugged, "I have the swim meet tomorrow... I'm a little nervous," more lying, Em.

By now, they'd reached the courtyard and they saw the three girls they're meeting waving at them.

Paige turned Emily to face her, "Em, you're an amazing swimmer, you'll do fine. No need to worry."

Surprisingly, that didn't help soothe Emily at all. If anything, it made her feel so guilty, she couldn't take it, so she pulled Paige close to her, and kissed her.

Spencer was watching the two girls talking and she saw Emily look nervous, worried and guilty.

Then she saw them kiss. Spencer could safely say she'd never, ever felt as much pain as she felt when she saw Emily and Paige kissing.

And if Spencer was actually honest with herself, she'd admit to being in love with Emily. But alas, Spencer was currently lying to everybody, herself included. And Spencer was jealous. If you knew Spencer, even if only a little, you'd know that Jealous Spencer was a bad, bad thing. She'd say and do things that she would later regret.

Emily finally detached herself from Paige, said a quick goodbye and headed to her friend's table.

"Hey," she said, sitting down.

Hanna and Aria greeted her back, with a "Hi," but Spencer remained silent, barely looking up at her.

Emily was confused, "Spence?" She asked kindly.

Spencer sighed, but didn't reply.

"Spence? You okay?" Emily persisted.

Spencer finally looked up, anger evident on her face, "No, Emily, I'm not okay. Not that it's any of your business anyway."

"What..." Emily started, but she didn't get her question out, Spencer had stood up and muttered an "Excuse me" and left. Leaving the three girls beyond confused.

Emily turned to Hanna and Aria, "What did I do?"

Unfortunately, her friends knew about as much as she did. "You did nothing wrong, Em..." Aria said.