Im yours - Paily

Not mine

"Em, I don't know why you're mad at me right now." Paige followed Emily nervously into the kitchen.

Emily didn't say anything, instead opening the fridge door and taking a carton of orange juice out. She turned and slammed it rather violently onto the table, causing Paige to startle slightly.

Paige waited for a moment as Emily grabbed a glass from the cupboard and started to pour some orange juice into it. "Um...Em?"

"Think about it." Emily stated without looking up. Her voice was quiet but there was no mistaking the anger it held.

Paige took a moment to do just that, thinking back to what she could have done to anger Emily this time. "Is this because of the college thing?"

"Bingo, give the girl a freaking prize!" Emily snapped, turning around to put the orange juice back into the fridge.

"I was only looking around." Paige stated defensively. "I wasn't even going to tell you about any of the colleges, I just wanted to make sure that you have options."

"Exactly!" Emily practically yelled. "You did it behind my back, again."

"What do you want me to do?" Paige retaliated, the fury in her tone matching Emily's. "If I do nothing to help I'm a bad girlfriend, if I do something to help I'm a bad girlfriend. I just can't win with you anymore Emily, it's like everything I do annoys you."

"It does!" Emily stated angrily. It was a lie of course but it had been a rough day and arguing with Paige was just making it worse.

"Then why are you even with me?!"

"Maybe I shouldn't be!" Emily exclaimed before she could really thing about what she was saying. "Maybe we should just take a break, see other people."

Paige was silent for a moment, staring at Emily like she'd been slapped across the face. Thankfully Emily wasn't looking in her direction so she didn't notice.

"Maybe we should." Paige said, her voice a lot quieter than earlier. "Maybe that would be better for us."

"It would." Emily forced a confidence she didn't feel into her voice. "It would be a lot better."

"Fine," Paige looked down at the ground, trying to fight the tears that stung at the back of her eyes. She shoved her hands into her pockets, "Whatever you want."

"Great."

Paige took one last look at Emily before she turned and stalked out of the room.

Emily waited until she heard the front door close behind Paige before she cursed softly under her breath. "What the hell did I just do?"

3 Weeks Later

"I can't believe you guys dragged me to this party even though I'm sick." Aria sounded slightly congested as she complained for what felt like the tenth time. "I can barely stand up."

"It's a good thing you don't have to stand up then isn't it?" Spencer asked, clearly distracted by something. "Hanna will get your drinks for you."

"Hey why am I elected to run around after her?" Hanna protested, earning herself glares from both Spencer and Aria. "What? I didn't say I mind, I was just asking."

Emily didn't add anything to the discussion, her gaze fixed intently to someone across the room. Paige was standing in front of some blonde girl Emily didn't recognise. The girl was leaning against the wall, laughing at something Paige said.

"Hey Em, who is that with Paige?" Hanna asked, obviously having followed Emily's gaze to Paige and the blonde.

"I don't know." Emily answered in a dangerously low tone of voice. Nothing was actually happening but Paige was standing far too close to the girl for it to be strictly platonic.