Boys Don't Cry

Chapter 1

An excruciating pain ripped through me as my face hit the wall, the next thing I knew, I was on the floor. I felt him pull down my trousers. An unimaginable pain raced through my body, I tried to break free, using all my strength. Then darkness.

I opened my eyes, the bright lights forcing me to close them again. Many questions raced through my head; Where was i?; What the fuck happened?; Why does my head ache so badly? Blinking three times, I open my eyes again, only to be greeted with the same blinding lights. Squinting, I look around. White lights, white walls, white everything. Only one thing came to mind. A Hospital.

After my eyes adjusted to the level of brightness, I opened them

properly, I start scoping the room for clues on what happened. After what seemed like five minutes, the only things I could see was the drip in the back of my hand, a clipboard and a large black bag that sat on the floor.

"Well, well, well, look who's awake." I looked up to find a tall dark haired man standing at a door to the left of the bed. He walked in and picked up the clipboard that was on a light brown table at the end of the bed.

"Do you remember what happened?" He questioned with a concerned look on his face.

I gather my breath, ready to speak.

"No." I managed to say, my voice hoarse.

"Thats completely normal." He assured me, handing me a small plastic cup, with a straw poking out the top. I gulp the contents of the cup in one breath.

"So what DID happen?" I asked, my voice back to normal. I brushed my hand through the dark, soft hair that sat on top of my hair.

"That doesn't matter right now, what does matter is that your ok" he answered, clearly hiding something.

"Where's my Mother?" I'm panicking now. I have no idea why though, it's not like she cared.

"Listen, son. Someone will be in to see you soon"

He was right. Five minutes later, A blonde haired lady walks in, holding a pile of papers, followed by two police officers, one male, one female.

The blonde lady pulled up a chair, sitting on it she took out a pen. Crossing her legs, she began.

"Hello Michael, I'm Katherine I'm a social worker and I'm here to speak to you about what happened. Feeling better?"

"No." I spat. I actually had no idea why I was being so hostile, she seemed nice.

"Okay, well do you remember what happened?"

"No." It sounded horrible but there wasn't really another word I could have used.

" Michael, do you know who John Summers is?"

Oh god. No. Not him. Everything came flooding back.

I look down at my hands, Brushing my left one through my hair, tears welled up in my eyes.

"Michael?" Katherine asked. She put a hand on my lap. Brushing it off, I look her in the eye.

"Y-Yeah, I know him."

John was my mothers boyfriend. He has been living with us for three years, and I've hated every second of them.John is the reason I'm in here. John attacked me.

"So do you remember now?" The social worker asked.

" No." I lie.

"Michael, he attacked you, and then raped you."

"No, he didn't. Boys don't get raped."

"They do, Michael."

"No. Can I see my mother?"

"I'm afraid not. We've arranged for you to live with a nice family, just until all this mess is sorted out."

The male police officer stepped forward.

"Michael, I'm a police officer, If you remember anything that happened, or if anything has happened before, then is like you to make a statement. This will help the case and back you up in court."

"Hold up. Court?" I interrupt."No fucking way am I going to court. Nope. Not happening."

I bring my knees up to my chest, sit my arms on them, and slot my head in my hands. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. What I didn't know was, things were only doing to get worse